Solved

pop up form background best practices

• 20 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am having trouble understanding why the pop up or fly out sign up forms cannot just have my website view as a background.

It seems like I need to choose a complimentary color or upload an image.

Is there a way for the sign up form pop up or fly out to appear where ever the customer is on my site, whether it’s the homepage or product page? I feel like I’m missing something.

thanks, Mary Lou 

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 21 November 2023, 00:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey Mary Lou!

Do you mean you want to set the opacity of your pop-up background to zero so that it doesn’t have a solid background color? Or am I misunderstanding, let me know!

I’ll let others chime in that know the ins and out more than me but I believe it has to do with accessibility and being ADA-friendly. For example, if someone visited your website with a reading/scanning application to help them navigate your website, that could potentially cause some issues with that scanning properly. 

Breakdown of those guidelines here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/14980194112411

Badge +1

Thank you Spark Bridge! I previously read this information but thought it was only referring to the form itself, not the entire screen.

I came from a different sign up platform and this wasn't the case, so was a bit confused. This makes sense now.

MLB