Solved

Pop-up form for a specific page

• 1 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Can I set up a sign-up form where the popup appears when someone views any product page on my website and then I am able to see in Klaviyo the name of the product that the customer filled the form on.

I am aware that I can have the pop-up form appear on only pages with “/product” in the URL but the main problem I am facing is can I see the name of the product on which the pop-up form was filled

Or if this can be done by setting up a custom trigger? Will I then get to see the name of the product? 

icon

Best answer by retention 1 August 2023, 21:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @rohan12334, glad to see you back here in the community.

So natively with Klaviyo Signup Form, the capture won’t show you what page/url or products the user was looking at when they signed up, but if you have “Viewed Product” onsite tracking enabled, you can build additional Segments on what Products they recently Viewed.  

You can use a combination of these data to build a Segment for the Product(s) the users recently viewed and Subscribed, though may not be precisely the one they completed the Signup Form on.

Example:

Here, I’m creating a Segment of anyone that has Subscribed and was viewing the product “All-In-One Cleaning Kit.” I can then use this Segment as a trigger for a Flow that sends a follow-up message or use a “Update Profile Property Action” to set a value in the Profile to be used elsewhere. 

Alternatively, if you have developer resources, you can set additional Customer Profile properties after someone completes a Klaviyo Signup Form with a Javascript event call. An example is, you can pass in the Product Name or other values to the Profile based on what Product they are looking at as soon as someone completes a Signup Form.  Details on implementing that is here: 

Finally, you can also build your own email capture that sends the email address and product name to Klaviyo via the Klaviyo API to create a Profile with the product name as a custom profile property.  Though this means you don’t get all the Klaviyo Signup Form benefits like A/B Testing, Analytics, it gives you fine grain control on how it works  You can learn about how to do this via the Klaviyo API here:

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Thanks @retention, that helps but the store has like 50k SKUs. Even if I get product name, it would’nt be possible to set up different emails for so many products.

I do have Shopify tags for the size of the product which is actually what I wanna send out to customers viewing the product. Is it possible that I get this data dynamically in Klaviyo, maybe through the custome javascript call?

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@rohan12334 - Ah right, I didn’t quite grasp your use case.  But yea, if you had 50K SKUs that’s not a workable strategy.  

So theoretically, the Shopify Liquid (template logic) can pass in the Products’ attributes (e.g. Tags in your case) into the Klaviyo event call via Javascript.  In other words, if you can “render it” on a Product Page (or present it), you can theoretically pass it to Klaviyo from Javascript. I know most people don’t reveal/show the Shopify Tags on the Product Page, but it can be accessed since it’s used in different ways (in your store, it’s the Size, right?).

In fact, that’s exactly how the “Viewed Product” code works.  The implementation will require someone pretty handy with Shopify’s template logic, Javascript, and now Klaviyo’s event listener documentation I shared in the first post. 

So basically, think of it as the following process:

• Users completes a Signup Form and the form closes (or redirects to a page). 
  • In the split second as the Form is submitted, it triggers the Javascript
  • The Javascript sole job is to append the Product Name, Tag (or whatever data) you want to the same Profile that just Signed Up by grabbing the Product Name (etc) from Shopify and passing it into Klaviyo.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Badge +3

Thanks @retention 

It’s clear now!