Skip to main content
Solved

Pop-up form shows on mobile (when it shouldn't)

• 28 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi!! I have a popup form that is set to only display on desktop (I have a separate form for mobile only). Interestingly, the form that is to only show on desktop is showing up on mobile, but only in Safari. I tested it in Chrome on my mobile, and the correct mobile-only form shows up there.

Below is a screenshot of the form that shows on mobile/Safari (it got partially covered by the cookie banner). I wouldn’t care so much if the image wasn’t visible, but it makes the intake form so small and practically impossible to read! I can’t figure out why this is showing up in mobile/Safari when it shouldn’t be displaying at all.

Here’s the setup of this form that should be on desktop only:

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks,

Nan

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Nanette

Thanks for sharing your question withs us!

After some investigation with our Support team, it seems as the outlier causing the singular issue was Safari on mobile, our team member suggested trying these additional tips to troubleshoot. I’m sharing these tips externally in case it can help another Community member facing a similar issue in the future!

1. Clear Cache on Safari:
    • On your device, try clearing the cache for Safari. Sometimes, browsers hold onto outdated versions of scripts or stylesheets, which could be causing the issue.
  2. Test on Different Devices:
    • If feasible, please conduct a test of the popup on an alternate device utilizing Safari to ascertain if the inconveniences are replicated.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor