Solved

Pop up help from old website to new

• 1 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I recently updated my website on Shopify to a completely new template than what I was previously using for my new customer discount pop up. When I switched over to my new template, the pop up did not come with it, and I can’t figure out how to get it to my new template. I’ve tried recreating it and publishing, but that didn’t work. Anyone have a solution so I can continue to get email subscribers? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by retention 1 September 2023, 21:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @RoseLane, welcome to the community with your first post!

So a few things that can be happening here:

1. Shopify Theme Popups: For some Shopify Themes, they have a built-in popup feature as part of the Theme.  You can sometimes find it in the Theme editor.  But because this various a lot from one theme to another, it is entirely up to the Theme developer/publisher to include that as part of their Theme.
  2. 3rd Party Popups: Are you using a third party popup tool? If so, you may need to migrate the integration code or app to your new theme.  
  3. Enabled Klaviyo App Embed in Shopify: If you are using Klaviyo Signup Forms, and switched to a new Theme, make sure the Klaviyo App Embed is enabled.  You can follow the instructions here: How to enable onsite tracking for Shopify : Enabling the Klaviyo app embed in Shopify   

If you were using your previous Shopify Theme’s built-in popup feature, I recommend you use the Klaviyo Signup Forms instead.  Not only will you be able to quickly build Popups (and other email capture forms like Fly-outs, Embeds, and Full Screen Email Captures), it also lets you do advance targeting options, multi-step forms, and A/B testing and much more!  

Hope this helps, and let me know!

---
Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion 

Badge

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for responding to my question! It looks like number 3 was the right path for my question. Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it!