Solved

Popup with unique discount code for viewers

• 5 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

hello,

I want to offer a pop-up unique discount for viewers who are just browsing my store … as a way to incentivise them to buy something. the code would have to be one-time and unique to the visitors.

I don’t want them to sign up. this is for casual visitors to my store.

is that possible?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 6 October 2023, 12:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @summersurfer 

You can certainly have a Klaviyo pop-up with a static discount code and that doesn’t require an email address to be captured. If it’s a general discount on offer, it doesn’t need to be dynamic - just single use per customer. Great if that code is shared widely I think!

However, a unique dynamic code needs to be allocated to a profile by email address. Whenever the dynamic discount code placeholder is added to a message, a contact always receives the same unique code. Often, dynamic codes are used or higher discounts (winback etc) that you don’t want out in the wild!

I would consider asking for their email as it’s a great opportunity to capture that data and provide follow-up too, for example, a flow to nudge them into using it, provide a soft sales pitch, etc. I think it’s a reasonable exchange for the contact - their email for a discount - and it’s an acceptable approach. If they don’t want to provide their email for a discount, then they’re likely not that interested in purchasing.

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge

Welcome to the community @summersurfer 

You can certainly have a Klaviyo pop-up with a static discount code and that doesn’t require an email address to be captured. If it’s a general discount on offer, it doesn’t need to be dynamic - just single use per customer. Great if that code is shared widely I think!

However, a unique dynamic code needs to be allocated to a profile by email address. Whenever the dynamic discount code placeholder is added to a message, a contact always receives the same unique code. Often, dynamic codes are used or higher discounts (winback etc) that you don’t want out in the wild!

I would consider asking for their email as it’s a great opportunity to capture that data and provide follow-up too, for example, a flow to nudge them into using it, provide a soft sales pitch, etc. I think it’s a reasonable exchange for the contact - their email for a discount - and it’s an acceptable approach. If they don’t want to provide their email for a discount, then they’re likely not that interested in purchasing.

Hope that helps

Andy

hello Andy,

can you list the workflow to create such a pop-up discount with a request to sign up? I am an utter newbie.

thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Summersurfer,

Regarding your request to outline the workflow for a pop-up form, I recommend the following steps for creating a pop-up form to collect email addresses. Upon successful submission, you can provide users with a static discount code (on the form itself) for use during checkout. Here are the steps:

1. In Klaviyo > Click on the “sign-up forms” - Screenshot 1
  2. Click on “Create Sign-up Form - Screenshot 2
  3. If you like any pre-built form templates you can select it here - Screenshot 3. OR if you have a designer who can create it from scratch - you can click on “Create new sign-up form” on the top right.
  4. I will select a pre-existing ‘Subscribe for coupon’ template for this example - Screenshot 4
  5. Give a Name to your form and select the list in Klaviyo that you want these emails to be stored in. Screenshot 5 » and then create the form.
  6. Click on “Targeting and behavior” to select and when and where you want this form to show on your website. Screenshot 6
  7. You can customise your form, button texts, colors, formatting etc, by clicking on each ‘block’ on the form. Screenshot 7
  8. Once the above is set, click on “Success” - which is what they will be shown when they click “Get 10% off” button. Screenshot 8 Also feel free to customise all the text, colors etc by clicking on individual blocks on the form, and of course this static coupon code needs to be created on your eCommerce (ex - Shopify) this klaviyo account is linked to. It is advisable to ‘check’ mark “limit to one use per customer” to avoid misuse of it and I would also suggest naming the discount code as a combination of random letters and numbers so that it looks dynamic, example - CDS79FYT2 instead of HALLOWEEN20 (which is so easy to remember and share) 
  9. Once you are ready to turn the form live. Just click on “Publish” - Screenshot 9

If you face any other issues or if you want to know more in detail, please read this Klaviyo documentation

Please note - The form will only show up on your website if you have Klaviyo js installed. If you haven’t already, Please read more about it here and do the needful.

Let me know if this answers your question. 

Thanks,
Arpit Banjara (Flowium)

Connect with me on Linkedin