Skip to main content
Solved

Profile property shows "never subscribed" even after customer signs up to email marketing

• 15 July 2024
  • 4 replies

What am I missing?

Why does the profile property for my subscribers show “email” “never subscribed” when they DID subscribe to my email list? (you can see they submitted the sign up form)

These are the settings on my sign-up form:

I wasn’t sure what property to choose from these two “Accepts Marketing” and “consent” so I chose both.

Another question I have is: which one of these properties do I need to choose for this to change to “subscribed” ?!

AND I am also wondering why, in their custom properties it shows “accept marketing” “false” when I set the hidden fields of the button in the sign up form to “accepts marketing” “TRUE”…...

I have a multiple-step sign - up form. In the 2nd and 3rd step they can provide their birthday and name.
Do I need to set the submit buttons of the 2nd & 3rd steps also with the hidden fields properties “accepts marketing” “true” and “consent” “email”? If the buttons in the second and third step don't have those hidden fields properties, would that override/change the properties from the first step?

Is that the case? 

If yes, it still doesn’t explain why their email consent shows as never subscribed….

Whoever can provide some clarity I will forever be grateful to <3 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @Lucia937 

This is weird. I think the setup is correct. It is difficult to investigate from screenshots alone, However I would suggest testing the form multiple times with your own email

So if your email is ‘Lucia@xyz.com’ , fill out your own form with email ‘Lucia+1@xyz.com’. Once the form has been submitted, search for this email inside of klaviyo and see if you are facing the same issue. You can test multiple times with your own email by adding any number after the + sign as you see in the example above. I would suggest contacting Klaviyo support through either live chat or email to help you further investigate your forms and profiles you mention.

Yes, for the second and third steps in the form, you will have to set those hidden fields so that klaviyo can map that profile and assign property and value to them correctly, so the Birthdate should be assigned to Klaviyo’s default ‘birthday’ property and ‘Name’ should be assigned to Klaviyo’s ‘First Name’ Property. Usually when you drag and drop these standard klaviyo field, like ‘Birthday’, ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’ klaviyo will automatically assign these values to their default Property, but it is good to check from the drop down. refer screenshot below

I hope this helps,
Thanks
-Arpit

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @ArpitBanjara thanks for your insights! didn’t know I could test the form multiple times by adding a number to my email address, this is really helpful, thanks I will try it.

Yes I had those fields set up with the birthday and name property, my question is about the submit button. Is it neccessary to set the submit buttons of the 2nd and 3rd step again with “accepts marketing” “true” and “consent” “email” again?
 like this:

2nd step, submit button settings:

3rd step, submit button settings: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @Lucia937 

I see what you mean. No you don’t need to do that on every step, only once throughout the entire form. we usually do it on the last submit button of the form.

Thanks,
Arpit

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

ok gotcha! Thank you, appreciate your help :)