Solved

Run contest only for existing opt-in subscribers

• 2 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey,

I want to run a contest that is exclusively for people who have already subscribed and meet certain shopping criteria. I will not be offering this competition on social media or via any other media.

It is a reward for staying engaged and being part of the brand. The sign up form will be sent via email to existing subscribers.

I set up a new list as detailed in this article (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000798472). However once designing the page. I’m not sure what to do about the  confirmation page and opt-in page (below are the two pages/steps I’m referring to)

As these people are already subscribers I don’t need to ask them to subscribe again and I don’t want to confuse them either. 

For the existing VIP customers I already have a manage preference page is already customised for the subscribers to add more details about their shopping habits so I don’t want to change this. 

Maybe I should not have set up a list, but duplicated a segment and customised a manage preferences page instead?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 2 October 2023, 23:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @clairebeaumont

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help! 

To clarify, is this contest you want to run is a way to create VIP subscribers you don’t already have or an offer that you’ll share only with your VIPS subscribers, who are already on your main list?

If you want to add users to another list for your contest applicant, you can create a segment of these selected users and then send them a campaign asking them participate in the contest by clicking on a button in your email. This button would add a property to their profile while sending them to another URL destination, which could be your new contest list’s manage preference page to sign up or send them to a full page form for signing up. I think you could be distinct in your language to let them know they’re signing up for a contest, which is different form their original list-subscription signup action.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

To clarify this contest was for VIPs subscribers I had already identified on our main list.

Great, that was superful and you answered my question and I ran the competition and all went well.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @clairebeaumont

So happy to hear that!

-Taylor