Skip to main content
Solved

Set up automated email for password page??

• 12 June 2024
  • 3 replies

So far, I have set up the integration so if anyone signs up from my password page, they will enter my email list automatically…..

However, I’m missing the part where after they join my email list from signing up, I want them to be sent an automated email letting them know that they’re confirmed in my giveaway etc (details sent in my email) 

So, now I need guidance on how I can send an email to the prior people who have already signed and an automated email ready for people who sign up in the future. 

Thanks, hope I was clear enough 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @AurumLux,

Thank you for your question in the Klaviyo community!

The functionality that you want to use here is Klaviyo Flows. This will allow you to build out automations.

You can either trigger this based on being added to the list, or you can create a segment triggered flow where the segment looks at the method of sign up (ie. password page signup form).

For example:

Once your flow is fully set up, you can also add past profiles (previously called “back populate”) by clicking manage flow → Add past profiles. More info about how it works here:

I hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
David

Badge +1

Thanks for this informative reply David! i’d like to raise some queries.

So, id like to go for the method of creating my own segment specific for people signing up from the password page. I can’t exactly find the metric under shopifys list for people who have directly signed up from the password page shown in Image 1 down below. So could I use “subscribed to email marketing” in image 2 from the klaviyo metrics since people who are signing up are automatically signing up for email marketing? Thanks

Image 1

Image 2

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @AurumLux,

You are most welcome! Let me take you through the right info here.

Firstly I created a sign up form in Klaviyo called “Password page”. This signup form is linked to the list “Newsletter”.

Next I created a flow on the trigger “Added to List - Newsletter”, and added a profile filter for $source equals Password Page:

This would be the way that you trigger a flow for customers that have subscribed to the Newsletter list via the Password Page sign up form.

If you wanted to create a segment of these profiles (so you can track sign ups specifically in a segment) you can use something like this:

You can also see stats per signup form in the actual sign up form:

You can also use this as a conditional split in your regular welcome series so you can filter out only people that signed up on this page and send them a different email compared to those that signed up elsewhere:

I hope that makes sense - let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
David