Shopify markets x Klaviyo - sign up forms

• 12 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Active Contributor I
  • 13 replies

Hi, 
We are currently moving from a Shopify Plus to Shopify markets. So we're moving from multiple Klaviyo accounts to only 1 account. 
We already installed the Shopify locale profile property and the connection between Shopify and Klaviyo has been done.

We are wondering multiple things, but first of all: what is the preferred way of setting up a sign up form? For different languages? How does it work exactly?
What would be your advice? 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by stam_marko 13 July 2023, 00:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Femy,

Great to hear that you're consolidating the accounts into one! It's such a relief not having to switch between them, isn't it? 😅

Regarding the pop-up, a helpful approach could be to create multiple clones of the same pop-up with slight variations in the settings. 

Targeting & Behaviour > by location

I do have some doubts about the accuracy of IP tracking in Klaviyo, as I've noticed instances where emails are displayed as coming from unrelated locations. But I do use that feature when needed.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
I'm enthusiastic about sharing my expertise and willing to learn more.

✌️

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you Stam. 
I think we will also use the ‘Only show on certain URL's’ option, within Targeting & Behaviour. And then we’ll use the specific domain where the popup should be displayed. In our case this would be for example /fr/ 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

That’s actually a much safer approach! 
IP tracking can sometimes be misleading, so it's good to avoid it whenever possible.

#offtopic

While it may require some extra effort, I find it beneficial to create slightly different pop-ups for Desktop and Mobile, and even tailor them to specific areas like Blog, SkinCategory, Desktop, and Mobile.

I know this approach might seem overwhelming in your case, but I wanted to share it because I've seen more specific data and improved optimization since implementing this strategy.

To note that it helps to name the pop-ups and manage Custom Properties to avoid confusion and excessive copies.

For example:

Sitewide, Desktop
Blog, Mobile
etc.

Enjoy capturing emails,
😅

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks Stam,
We already do that as well indeed :)  Both mobile and desktop need a different approach for popups.