Solved

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have added the sign up form code to the head of our website. This is for convenience to ensure we don’t miss it on a new page we create. 

I understand this is not recommended by Klaviyo but I want to understand beyond the potential performance concerns, will this impact the actual functionality of the forms? Upon testing, there are no issues but Klaviyo cannot detect the code is installed correctly. 

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 13 October 2023, 23:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @pile

Welcome to the Community

If you add an embed form at the top of your page it will not impact the functionally of the form.

To clarify when you say ‘upon testing’ what is the testing you’re doing? Do you mean that you cannot see the embed code on your website backend or that in the Klaviyo form builder you see the notification that ‘Klaviyo cannot detect’ the code? If you have the Klaviyo .js script successfully added to your website then you can bypass this error and test your form to ensure it’s working! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge

Hi there @pile

Welcome to the Community

If you add an embed form at the top of your page it will not impact the functionally of the form.

To clarify when you say ‘upon testing’ what is the testing you’re doing? Do you mean that you cannot see the embed code on your website backend or that in the Klaviyo form builder you see the notification that ‘Klaviyo cannot detect’ the code? If you have the Klaviyo .js script successfully added to your website then you can bypass this error and test your form to ensure it’s working! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Hi Taylor, so I am referring to this script Klaviyo .js script. We have place it in the <head> tag not the <body> tag. The pop ups still work but Klaviyo cannot detect the form. 

I want to confirm that there are no issues beyond Klaviyo not detecting it that this may impact the form. 

Thanks, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @pile

Even if the error message does not get resolved, the message will not prevent you from publishing your sign-up form as long as you have properly integrated the klaviyo .js on your site!

I recommend testing the form’s function by filing it out and seeing if you can find that profile in your Klaviyo account in the list connected to your form submission, this is the most sure way to confirm your popup is working correctly! The thread below had a similar question! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor