Solved

• 30 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is having a good day. I am trying to create a full page form on Klaviyo sign up forms. I followed this blog but it still doesn’t work. 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7417723679387

It takes me straight to my homepage and converts it to a full page form overriding my pop-up. 

How can I get a full page sign up form that I can link to in my Instagram bio? I’m on Shopify if that helps. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 30 August 2023, 22:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hey @smileyrox 

Welcome back! What I’ve found works most reliably is when you create an embedded signup form, then place that on distinct page of your Shopify store. 

The page could be mostly blank, with the only content being the embedded signup form. If you want to give people a better place to start, you could embed the signup form at the top of the page, then below that place a bestselling product section, or a gallery of customer reviews/ UGC depending on what you have available to work with. 

I took a quick look at that help doc, and attempted to view the example form with the Klaviyo demo site that was linked to there, and the form didn’t display for me. All I got was the site’s homepage.

So overall, using your own page built for the purpose of hosting that embedded form will give you more display consistency, and more precise targeting. That way, you can have the URL slug contain “instagram signup” and then link to that URL directly from your IG bio and stories as needed.

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @smileyrox !

@ebusiness pros had a great suggestion above, but I wanted to add another alternative. 

1. Create a new list (this is the list your subscribers will be added to when they opt in using this link). 

2. Go to list settings and update the consent to single opt in (unless you prefer to use double opt in, but then you should make sure to let people know on the form that they need to confirm their subscription.)

3. Go to the subscribe and preferences tab of your list and customize the sign up form instead of using the default form. You'll want to update the preference and unsubscribe pages too. 

With this option, you don't have as much flexibility in terms of form design, but you get a landing page that has a form on it. When you are editing the subscribe form, you will see a box where you can copy the link to the sign up page.

Katherine 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @ebusiness pros  - thanks Gabriel, I’m going to try this tomorrow. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @KatherineB - appreciate it. This looks simple enough. Will check it out tomorrow and see how much design limitation it has. Appreciate it! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @KatherineB - appreciate it. This looks simple enough. Will check it out tomorrow and see how much design limitation it has. Appreciate it! 

Hi @KatherineB - you were a lifesaver, it worked a treat. Thank you!!