Skip to main content
Solved

• 22 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

Our sign up form is currently set to ‘Don’t show to existing Klaviyo profiles’. To me this doesn’t make sense, as we have 80,000 profiles but only 15,000 newsletter subscribers. I still want to target the 65,000 profiles in Klaviyo that aren’t signed up to the newsletter. 

If I chose ‘Show to existing profiles in a list or segment’ and then chose ‘exclude these lists and segments’ and excluded my newsletter list, would this be an effective way of doing this? I’m asking as I haven’t really come across this as being recommended so I’m not sure if there’s a drawback to this method. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

Hi @Ellie_moor, first welcome to the community!

Yes! You can always create your own Segment to be used as the target audience - or in your case - as the excluded audience that has more specificity of whom you want to target (or not target) the Signup Form to appear for.  

I think the “Don’t show to existing Klaviyo Profiles” is just a quick/convenient way to not show the popups to any identified/known Profiles without first creating a Segment - it is by definition all encompassing catchall for only new prospects. 

There’s no real drawback, but make sure you think of all the edge case scenarios for that Signup Form.  For example, a user that has unsubscribed (or chosen not to subscribe) will still see the Popups unless you specifically add those rules to your Segment. Also, make sure to include other “Lists” that you may not want to see the popup - in the past, some of my clients didn’t want popups to show for “Wholesale Customers” or “Staff Members” (shouldn’t they be subscribed?!) since they are on the site daily. 

Hope this helps!