Skip to main content
Solved

Signup Form Checkboxes Not Working

• 24 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I created an Email and SMS signup form, and I added a third step to try to capture the subscriber’s interest (like who are they shopping for). 

Step 1: Email Signup form, Subscribe button submits form to our Email List, and goes to next step. No thanks button closes form.

Step 2: SMS Signup form, Subscribe button submits form to our SMS List, and goes to next step. No thanks button closes form.

Step 3: Profile Info form, asks Who are you shopping for today? with several checkbox options. Submit button should submit this info and add it to the Email List and close form. 

The issue with the last Step is - under Action, the only options are “Submit Form”, “Close Form”, “Go To URL”, and “Subscribe to SMS”.

When I select “Submit Form”, the “List To Submit” field does not appear as it does for the Email and SMS steps. I can only select options for After Submit, which are “Show Next Step”, “Go To URL”, or “Close Form”.

When I test this on the frontend, I’m unable to check any of the boxes. The boxes cannot be selected. Another user reported this same issue when they tried to subscribe. What am I missing?

Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @hellopg,

I think the reason there is no list to choose from is because you have already selected the email list and sms list in steps 1 and 2. Step 3 will just add information to the customer’s profile; so it doesn’t matter what list they are subscribed to at that point.

I tried setting up a form similar to yours in my test account, and I kept getting warned that it wasn’t submitting to a list - but on the profile step. I feel like that is a bug, and it could be becuase I used my test account. Eventually I got it to work, and was able to subscribe and check the boxes on our test website.

So….sadly, I don’t know why the checkboxes aren’t working. I would double-check that after the 3rd step is completed, the submit button action is “Show Next Step”, which is most likely a “Success” page. When I accidentally set the submit action to “Close Form,” it also gave me an error.

Hope this helps, at least a little bit!