Solved

Signup form confirmation

• 4 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

Im new to Klaviyo. 
I have created and published pop up for email subscribers, as a test i added my email. 

I have received email from my own store asking do i want to subscribe to newsletter, why is this happening? How can i change this? 

icon

Best answer by David To 4 July 2021, 15:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Rayan Malik,

Welcome to Klaviyo!

Upon signing up, the email you are receiving is the double opt-in confirmation email. Double opt-in is a process through which a new subscriber must confirm their subscription before being subscribed to a given list. This is a means to minimizing abuse and preventing the accumulation of invalid or mistyped emails along with preventing bots and spammers from being added to the list. You can learn more in detail about this double opt-in confirmation process from the Guide to The Double Opt-In Process article. 

You can also disable double opt-in within a list at any time by going to your list’s Settings under the Opt-in Process and selecting the Single opt-in option and then updating your list settings to save. 

Keep in mind though although you have the ability to update the list’s opt-in settings, we suggest against single opt-in on any of your lists unless you have a specific use case that calls for it. I would also recommend taking a look at another Community post I commented on recently pertaining to the same subject that may shed more light into the double opt-in process:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Thank you, but i can not see this option unfortunately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Rayan Malik,

Can you confirm if you are looking at a List as opposed to a Segment? Although similar, list and segments act different and segments do not have this double opt-in confirmation setting because double opt-in would only pertain to lists. 

You can see if you are looking at a segment’s settings as opposed to a list by seeing either a List or Segment tag next to the name of your list or segment. You can further learn the difference between a list and segment from the Understanding The Difference Between Segments and Lists article. 

Have a great day!

David