Solved

Specify character or digit count on form field?

• 22 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi folks,

I’m wondering if there is any way to ensure accurate or truthful information could be entered into a form, or verified. For example, in Australia there is an ABN (Australian business number) which is 11 digits long. Is it possible to somehow limit the possible number of digits that could be entered into a form? I’d also consider other options to verify form info if possible. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 23 December 2021, 21:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @wernstrom,

Great question!

At present Klaviyo does not have a method to validate the information entered into a Klaviyo built signup form. I’ll share this feedback with our Product Team as I believe this would be a great feature addition to our signup forms. 

From my experience, other users were able to build in such validation system or limit certain aspects of the form by building their own custom forms on HTML/CSS. Because these forms would be custom, their functionality and behavior would be dependent on how you coded the form. You can find our resources on how to build your own custom forms from the following Help Center articles:

Happy holidays!

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks for clarifying @David To , something to look at down the track for sure. Happy holidays to you too!