Solved

subscriber gets two confirmation

• 15 November 2023
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

When someone subscribes to the newsletter, klavyio sends two confirmation emails. Now I have switched off double opt, and a confirmation email is still sent directly from Klavyio. How can I see where this confirmation email comes from and switch it off?

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by retention 15 November 2023, 16:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @alexprtl, welcome to the community!

As far as I know, if you have double opt-in enabled, your subscribers should only get one confirmation email.  Sometimes if the users is added through a third party app, or your ecommerce platform, they will also send a confirmation email from the platform (like Shopify) if it’s not disabled. 

One easy way to tell if the email is sent from Klaviyo by hovering over any of the links (unless you have dedicated click tracking setup) to see if it goes to Klaviyo.  You might see something like this: 

If you have a List triggered Flow setup (e.g. Welcome Series), perhaps it’s also sending an email after a user confirms their opt-in as part of the Flow, so you may want to check there to see if it is working as you intend. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @alexprtl,

Also if you using shopify and customer register during a checkout or account creation. If the list connected with shopify subscribers has DOI enabled then its possible that customers will receive both Klaiviyo and Shopify one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @alexprtl

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

If you have turned off your double opt-in for the list connected to your form, Klaviyo should not send a confirmation email before adding them to your list. I suggest going through these two workflows to try to locate the issue:

• Test your form again with a new email to see if you receive a second email 
  • Ensure you don’t have any duplicate Klaviyo accounts that could have a list set to double opt in ( we have seen this before for some customers)

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor