Skip to main content
Solved

Testing Hidden Fields on a Pop-Up A/B Test

• 10 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi

I’ve set up an A/B Test on my pop-up to test different offers. I’m using Hidden fields to split the flow so that they receive the relevant offer. I wanted to test these sign-ups are going down the correct route on the flow.

For hidden fields to show as an option in flow in conditional splits the pop-up must be live and I think it must have had data submitted. So I’m in a bit of a situation where I can’t test the pop-up data going through. Usually I would just show the the form on a low traffic page of the website, submit the data on the pop-up and then go back to change the targeting to the whole website. But as it’s and A/B test I can’t edit it afterwards.

I need the data going through to create the hidden field in the conditional splits but the only way to do this is to put it live without testing the data.

Am I missing something? I’m thinking I must be.

Thanks

Sean

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @BROC,

I would suggest adding 2 test emails/profiles to your account - perhaps your work email and a personal email. Then, manually add the hidden field(s) to those profiles, with the proper information filled in - 1 for the A variation and the other for variation B. Note: make sure the hidden field property name(s) and the information in the field(s) is spelled exactly the same when you add them manually, or you will create brand new properties. Then, you *should* be able to add the hidden profile fields to the conditional split. After your conditional split is set, you can then manually delete the hidden fields from the 2 test profiles and use them to actually test the flow, I think.

Good luck!

Badge +2

Hi Jessica

This worked perfectly. A bit fiddly but the only way to do it by the looks of it so thank you very much!

Sean

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

@BROC,

Yeah, it’s definitely not an ideal way to test things. Still, glad my suggestion worked for you!