Solved

Track Signup/Popup Views and Actions

• 8 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Currently, Klaviyo allows only Popup $source tracking of Signup Forms with Submissions, but I have Popups that are simple clicks to upgrade, promotions, and upsales. I would like to track:

1. When someone clicks on the Form Button, even if it’s just to redirect them to a URL
  2. When the popup is actually shown. This will allow me to create a Segment to better suppress too many popups being seen by the user. 

PS: It has been suggested many times to look for Klaviyo partners to help with any development, but in my 3-years with Klaviyo, none of those partners ever respond and I have written many of them. It seems they are only interested in larger jobs, so you guys should really stop suggesting those partners for small jobs.

icon

Best answer by Dov 11 October 2022, 16:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @jmacman,

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

We do provide the number of Viewed Form events which are tracked whenever a site visitor views a form. You can read more about that here.

In terms of tracking clicks, that’s also accounted for through the Submitted Form count. This is tracked whenever a visitor submits a signup form, or whenever a visitor clicks a “Go to URL” button on a form. Here’s a screenshot from our Signup form analytics doc showing both of those metrics:

I like your suggestions to implement these into our segments (I assume you mean having an option to filter by Submitted Form or Viewed Form). I will submit a feature request on your behalf for those. If the feature garners enough interest, the product team will consider building it out in the future.

Thanks for being a community member.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for getting back. My apologies, I should have been more clear. What I am referring to is the ability to add a metric when the user actually clicks on a form or views a form that is not a Signup. My Popups are not Signup forms.they are just buttons for URL Links. Use Case: when they use your logs in, I have a pop-up letting them know that across great discount is available for them. The pop-up has a URL button link and when they click the button it will send them to the cross great. I want to be able to track if the user clicked it and did not purchase and then I can put them through another flow.