Skip to main content
Solved

Update Preferences Page Mobile Number

• 14 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I want to add Mobile Number Input Field to my Manage/Update Preferences Page. Can’t see that option. 

I can view the Email Input Field but what’s the point of directing customers to a manage preferences page when Email is already a mandatory field to be a added to the database?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @wasay,

Welcome to the Community! 

It doesn’t seem like a Mobile Phone Number field is currently supported on the Update Preferences page. This is likely due to the strict, non-transferrable consent status that is associated with SMS.

The purpose of the update preferences page is not for users to adjust their email address, but instead it is primarily for users to provide more details about themselves and their content preferences. This is an opportunity for your brand to ask for additional information like gender, birthday, favorite product, etc. that you can use to better personalize your communications with that subscriber. You can also ask the user how frequently they want to be contacted by your brand! 

If you were looking to give email subscribers the option to opt-in for SMS marketing by providing their phone number, I would recommend setting up a Sign-Up Form in Klaviyo targeted towards existing Klaviyo profiles (i.e. email subscribers) to collect SMS consent from them on your website. 

Learn more about compliance regulations for SMS here: Understanding SMS consent collection

--

Hope this helps! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski