Vistacreate - Looks pretty good

• 14 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have had good success adding gifs to pop ups and into emails. I had until now been using canva. I have just watched the latest Academy course on Facebook ads and Vistacreate was one the recommend. Any of you folks using?

Sean

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Canva, Vista, creatopy, all good options!

I’m always a bit cautious to use gifs. They look great, but they can really impact page speed and email load times if not done well. So just a word of caution with them! We’ve done a bunch of AB tests for clients on the use of gifs and at best, they perform equally as a static image. But that is just our experience with them, I know others love the use of gifs. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Akers Digital Hi you could be right. We may be testing gifs vs pretty average images whereas if we were to test against better static content the result may not be as convincing. Is your experience similar on both application in pop ups as in actual email content?

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@SeanMcC ,

Pretty similar. But gifs can be effective, I would just try and keep them as simple as possible to keep the file weights down. Whenever we have tested gifs, we have tried to keep them as similar to try and control for as many variables as we can. 

Not saying don’t use gifs, just be a little careful with them and monitor performance!  

I hope that helps,