Solved

Wanting to automatically reset the sign up form count down timer

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Our team is wanting to automatically reset the sign up form count down timer at midnight every night. Seems like the two options are either set a date/time of countdown expiring OR set a timer length that starts when visitor sees the timer.
Is there a way to do automatically set the countdown timer for the end of each day?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 26 March 2024, 00:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @sven88 , in this case you want to create a perpetual timer. You can learn more about it here: https://www.sendtric.com/creating-a-perpetual-timer/

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @sven88

@standoutecom is right here! You’ll need to use a third integration for this kind of timer as  Klaviyo’s timer only has these two options below:

• Fixed date countdown timer counts down to a specific date or time. For example, if you have a VIP sale that begins at midnight on a certain date, or a limited time offer with a set end date, use the fixed date setting.
  • Variable date countdown timer begins counting down when the form launches, and resets with every new page load. If you set a variable timer to 1 hour, every form viewer will see a countdown timer beginning at 1 hour, regardless of when they visit your site. 

However, I agree that this would be a helpful tool so I am passing along this piece of feedback to our product team as a feature request!

Thanks for sharing your question with us and letting us know how to make our product better! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Thanks Taylor.

The work around I am currently using is that I cloned the current form and every other day I alternate and schedule version A to end at 12:00 and form B to start at 12:00. I still have to manually schedule it but at least it doesn’t have to be at midnight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @sven88

Happy to hear that you’ve found a workaround that suits your needs for the time being! 

-Taylor