Solved

Why Does my Sign-up form Say there are Multiple Input Fields for Birthday Property?

• 29 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I’m having an issue publishing my sign-up form because it keeps popping up with this error message: There are multiple input fields for the birthday profile property. 

I imported from a csv file that only had one Birthday field on it and I mapped that to a custom property called Birthday. When I look at customers profiles that have that field, there is only one that shows up.

I have reached out to chat, but they are not available until the morning. Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it? Where do I look to locate the multiples the message refers to?

icon

Best answer by SusanF 30 September 2021, 00:13

View original

4 replies

Badge +3

ok, I solved it. There was a next step that popped up a box to collect birthdays. I have no idea where that came from… maybe a default in the set up?? Anyway, I deleted that and I can now publish the form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @SusanF,

Welcome to the Community! I’m happy to hear this issue resolved itself for you! 

Do you mind sharing a little bit more information about the problem you faced and its solution? This can help any future users also experiencing this issue as well.

Did you first import the CSV with the birthday property and then create what seems like a Multi-Step Signup Form to also obtain the property from users who would fill out the form? 

Thanks for sharing your findings in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Hi Taylor, I’ll walk through all I did, with my misteps, though it’s a bit lengthy.

I exported a csv out of mailchimp, where I have columns for birthday, address and a couple other things. I followed the instructions to import. There was no mention of mapping or of creating custom properties. It import fine, no messages (and no mapping screen). I then found what appears to be an email sign-up form template under preferences. After lots of researching through the help files, I could not find out how to add the Birthday field.

I then tried setting up the Sign Up Form. I got much further, but found that I couldn’t find a Birthday property field in the dropdown to use for that field. I then learned that it has to be created as a custom property. I next contacted support, who told me I should just reimport my original file and the mapping screen will be there for me to map. I did that and it worked. (no idea why that didn’t happen with the initial import.)

So I went back to editing my Sign Up Form, but had issues with formatting. I again contacted support who asked to see my form and explained that the additional fields added cannot be sized but that the entire form must be made larger in order to be able to display all the field text (it was short, like first name/last name, but only First N displayed unless I made the form much bigger.). Ok, I could live with that. Walked away from it for a few minutes, and when I got back to it, my form had been reformatted the way I had wanted it, narrow with fields on separate lines. I’m assuming the support person did that, but with no explanation that it was done, how it was done or where to find the info. 

I pressed forward and was ready to see the form live when I got the message that there were multiple Birthday fields mapped. I looked at my csv file, my form, the properties list, but Birhday was only in there once. I then found the Next Step tab only to find another form had been added with an eyeballs graphic to add birthday as another step. Again, I can only assume the support person did that or it is a weird default in the system when you first set up. I deleted that form and the problem went away. 

I still don’t understand the purpose of the original sign up form under preferences and when that kicks in. (or how to delete i). It only appears to be for sign ups.

Hope some of this helps someone else!

-Susan

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @SusanF

Thank you so much for your detailed response! I’m sure this will help a user who might run into the same issue in the future. It’s awesome to see our community members be so helpful! 

Thanks for being a member of the Community!

-Taylor