Why isn't my Popup displaying on WooCommerce Site?

• 30 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with a Klaviyo popup on my WooCommerce website. Here's what I'm experiencing:

1. The popup is only appearing on our "Create a profile" page, even though we have configured it to display for all visitors on all pages. This behavior is consistent even when accessing the site in incognito mode.
  2. We have set the popup to show after a time delay, but it's not working as expected.

Here's the code snippet from our Klaviyo setup for the popup:

window._klOnsite = window._klOnsite || []; window._klOnsite.push(['openForm', 'XXXXXX']);

In my discussion with Klaviyo support, they informed me that the klaviyo.js snippet is not present on my website pages. They suggested that this snippet needs to be added to my theme to enable Klaviyo sign-up forms and track site activity on my website. However, I'm unsure how to manually add this klaviyo.js snippet. I also wonder if this requires adding or editing code in the header and footer of my site.

The Klaviyo WooCommerce integration on my site is correctly set up and functioning, but this popup issue persists. Could anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this issue? Is there any code I need to add to the header or footer of my website to make the Klaviyo popup work as expected?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Grego,

Thanks for your question!

Yes onsite tracking (klaviyo .js script) needs to be installed on any website to ensure our popups post on your store. Our support team is right that normally when integrating WooCommerce <> Klaviyo, WooCommerce adds this automatically into your website. I would follow our team’s prior instruction of starting the installation process again from scratch and ensuring the snippet is added to your theme to see if this rectifies the issue. This doesn’t mean you add the script yourself, but you checking the backend of your store’s theme for the presence of the script below:

<script type="text/javascript" async="" src="https://static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=PUBLIC_API_KEY"></script>

Additionally, our popup forms do not need additional code, beside the .js script, to be installed in your site to display, that is only for our embed forms. I can see from your conversation with support that you use Google Tag Manager to add scripts to your page. This might alter how the .js snippet is added. However, this would need to be an issue for your development team or a Klaviyo partner as the Klaviyo team isn’t aware of or able to navigate into the precise settings and theme files of your store.

I do know one of our Community Champions, @Ashley I. is well versed in WooCoomerce, and could potentially shed some light on the situation? Finally, I’d recommend checking out theses additional Community resources on WooCommerce for added success.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor