Solved

Collecting SMS Consent/Numbers Via Email

• 17 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi! I want to know how to send an email to my subscribers, asking for their SMS number/consent. Similar to the email samples attached. I’m not sure what the process is and how they’re automatically added to the SMS subscribers list.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 18 November 2023, 00:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @EzraaaaNPC

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

We have great documentation on how to gather SMS subscribers by sending a campaign to those who are already email subscribers. Essentially you can accomplish this in two steps:

1. Create an embedded SMS signup form on a landing page on your website. By creating a landing page on your website dedicated for signing up subscribers to a SMS list, you can add the URL of this landing page to your ‘Im in’ or ‘Sign me up’ button in your email campaign, which will take users to this form to sign up for SMS when they click the email button. This is how you would gather their SMS consent and numbers.

2. Create the campaign encouraging email subscribers to sign up for SMS. This will walk you through how to configure the button in your campaign to send users to your SMS form as mentioned above.

Before you start, make sure you’ve done the following two steps below and check out our Getting started with SMS Academy course.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor