Solved

Contact Card in Campaigns

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello! Are we unable to include a contact card in a campaign message? When migrating over from another platform, in our new number welcome we would like to be able to send the contact card so people who subscribed to our old phone number are prompted to save the new updated information. Any ideas on how to do this? I saw a response about creating a keyword triggered flow but that seems like a big work around 

icon

Best answer by retention 11 April 2023, 22:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @MarissaC12, welcome to the community.

As far as I know, at the moment you can only include the Virtual Contact Card within a Flow Message.  What I recommend you do is to create a Segment Triggered Flow that then sends those folks an email.  Here are the steps:

• Create a Segment (or List) of subscribers who subscribed to the old phone number. 
  • Create a “Segment Triggered Flow” and select the Segment you made.
  • In the Flow, add an initial time delay, then a single SMS message with the Virtual Contact Card.
  • Back Populate the Flow and it should start sending folks with the new Contact Card.

Here’s more information about adding a Virtual Contact Card within a Flow Message:

Hope this helps!

It now will not let you use back populate when a contact card is in the flow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @braidbabes,

Thanks for calling this out! You’re absolutely correct that you cannot back-populate a flow that contains a virtual contact card. This is also called out in our How to add a virtual contact card to a flow message Help Center article.

In my opinion, using a custom keyword triggered flow for something like this is more sustainable. For example, if a virtual contact card was included only in a welcome series flow, this means users would only receive that option to save the contact once. Whereas, with a custom keyword triggered flow, since it’s a metric triggered flow, whenever someone sends this custom keyword, they will be sent the option to store the contact. 

Not only would this be a great use case for when users switch forms. But also for users who may not want to store the number at the time, but can always send a specific text to save the number at a later time. I.E. a first time customer who may not have much brand loyalty would ignore the virtual contact card in a welcome series flow but when they later become a loyal customer who do want to save the contact. 

I would recommend taking a look at our How to create flows to respond to sent SMS messages Help Center article to learn how to set this sort of flow up. 

David