Solved

How do I validate SMS consent to Klaviyo?

• 22 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

My SMS flow is not sending due to the SMS consent requirement.

I’m generating leads through FB Lead ads and was wondering how to prove to Klaviyo that the people who are opting in actually approve to get SMS.

Do I simply add the phrase “By submitting your mobile number you consent to receiving marketing SMS messages from us”? to the lead form itself?

Would Klaviyo accept this and release the SMS Flow to the leads?

icon

Best answer by Dov 25 April 2022, 15:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @T_Sidany,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

Apologies for any confusion with SMS consent but at this time, Facebook Lead Ads do not collect SMS consent to pass into Klaviyo. For this reason we do not add a Klaviyo SMS Consent profile property to profiles that are synced through a Facebook Lead Ad, which is why you cannot send SMS messages to them. 

A workaround for your Facebook Lead Ad subscribers would be to trigger a Flow using the Filled Out Lead Ad metric, and incorporate a Click to Text Banner or incorporate a redirect link to a Subscribe page (or another page containing a sign-up form) to prompt your Facebook Leads to provide SMS consent. 

There are several other options for collecting or syncing consent into Klaviyo. These options are outlined in our documentation: How to Collect SMS Consent and ill include them below as well:

• Klaviyo signup forms
  • Consent at checkout (for certain integrations only)
  • Click-to-text forms
  • List API
  • Email banners

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +2

Hi @Dov, this was very helpful, thank you for taking the time to write back.

Much appreciated.