Tutorial

How to personalize SMS messages with dynamic content

• 27 February 2023
  • 0 replies
How to personalize SMS messages with dynamic content
Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Adding dynamic content to SMS messages is certainly possible using Klaviyo! Dynamic data in SMS messages is not so different from what you would be using in email messages. You can certainly use Template Tags and Variable Syntax as well as Catalog Lookup Tags!

The only difference is that you have certain limitations with SMS messages:

1. An SMS message only allows one image. In that sense, you can only add one dynamic data/variable within the SMS flow message. I would suggest displaying the first product image when showing a customer's purchased products.
  2. Related to the limitation above, you may want to limit the number of products you include as dynamic variables in the SMS message. I would suggest highlighting the first product that the customer purchased and also show it as an image . Always remember that for SMS messages, you want the message to be concise and straightforward as much as possible.

Keep in mind that you can only include dynamic variables for event-based flows (e.g., when an abandoned cart flow is triggered by the Viewed Product, you can include the name of the product viewed, its price, etc.)

Follow along to my Loom tutorial video below:

For more information on SMS flows, dynamic tagging, and personalization, take a look at the following resources:

0 replies

Be the first to reply!