Skip to main content
Solved

Opened Push Metric Not Firing

• 8 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have sent a couple push notification campaigns. I am getting the push notifications on my phone and clicking them. The notification seems to be working as expected. The “Received Push” metric is as expected. 

However, “Opened Push” doesn’t seem to be working. It should at least be showing up as opened when I click on the push, right?

Side question: is there some way to attribute app opens to “Recieved Push”. E.g. a user didn’t click the notification, but opened the app X hours after receiving the push?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hey @ben123! Yes, Opened Push should record as a click event but the caveat here is that it also opens the app. Is the app opening as expected when you click the push?

Can you show me the event history on the profile you’re using to test? Is the event not registering for only your own profile, or others as well? (Do other profiles record Opened Push events?)

Badge

@kaila.lawrence 

Is the app opening as expected when you click the push?

Yes, it is opening as expected when I click the push. Do I need to add any code to my app make sure that the Opened Push event is triggered?

Do other profiles record Opened Push events?

I don’t see any Opened Push events right now. Caveat: The app is still very new. I only have 5 profiles with push set up so those profiles just might be ignoring them.

Can you show me the event history on the profile you’re using to test?

This is the event log which looks expected. I have three push tokens connected to the profile an one of them is invalid because I uninstalled. I clicked on one of the notifications though so I would expect an Open Push. I’ve also clicked previous notifications from this profile and never seen an open push.

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@ben123 Hmm, curious. Troubleshooting this further is definitely out of my scope. It’s tricky because we don’t have access to your app. However, I suggest reaching out to our Support team who have a better technical understanding on this than I do. They can point you in the right direction! :)

Badge

I read through the docs again and it looks like I need to implement this logic myself. It was just buried pretty far in the doc and I would’ve expected this was handled automatically. Thanks for your help!

https://github.com/klaviyo/klaviyo-react-native-sdk?tab=readme-ov-file#tracking-open-events