Solved

SMS auto generated text

• 14 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I created an embed form and embedded it as a page in Shopify. I’m using that page’s URL in a campaign to target a segment to consent to SMS. When I tested the campaign, I clicked through to the form on the Shopify page, entered my cell number and received this text:
Send this text to subscribe to recurring automated personalized marketing alerts (e.g. special promotions, cart reminders) from Klaviyo Library (ref: JOIN)

After sending that text, I then get the text I set up “reply YES to receive updates...”

How do I get rid of that first text. 

icon

Best answer by redstickspice 14 April 2023, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Tessa with Klaviyo helped with this one. This message is a Double Opt In message. I changed it to Single Opt In per this stipulation: Most often, brands choose to implement single opt-in when they are using other third-party signup forms or tools and their customers are prompted with a double opt-in confirmation at some other point in the signup workflow.

Because this is an email taking them to a form, Single Opt In can be chosen for this Segment - to be clear, I did have to convert this segment to a list in order to get the Single Opt In choice.

While this is partially solved, is there a way to change that Double Opt In message to my message versus that automated Klaviyo language? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @redstickspice,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Glad to hear you were able to get some help from Tessa! In my experience, that first message you’re seeing typically originates from a click-to-text. This can either be from a signup form or from an email. 

I would suggest double checking any signup forms you have that’s meant to collect SMS. Particularly multi-step signup forms - to see if the mobile version of the SMS step contains a button set to the Subscribe via SMS action whose message contains: “Send this text to subscribe to recurring automated personalized marketing alerts (e.g. special promotions, cart reminders) from Klaviyo Library (ref: JOIN)”.

The video in step 11 of our How to use dynamic blocks to collect SMS consent Help Center article depicts what I mean by this.

Similarly, you’ll want to check any email/email template you have that is using a click-to-text functionality. Oftentimes, users forget to update the default message when setting this up.

David