Solved

SMS welcome flow - not working with SMS sign up embed form

• 20 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I recently started marketing with SMS and I would like to reach out to my email subscribers to encourage them to opt in to SMS marketing.

I set up a welcome flow for SMS and it it working with the SMS subscription pop up. However in order to reach my email subscribers, I folllowed Klaviyo’s guidance on creating an embedded sign up form for SMS, and when I or others have subscribed to SMS marketing via the embedded form, the SMS welcome flow is not triggering. I can see that the new sign ups are added to the correct list and triggering ‘consented to SMS marketing’ which is the trigger for the flow, but the flow still doesn’t send a welcome SMS.

Can anyone please help me understand where I am going wrong?

icon

Best answer by WhiteBHI 21 April 2023, 08:42

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Here is one example, this person signed up via the SMS embedded form and the SMS welcome SMS did not send

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @WhiteBHI,

Is the flow connected to the list of SMS Subscribers? It will help if you can share a screen shot of the SMS welcome flow settings. 

Badge +2

Hi, the flow was connected to my SMS subscriber list.

I decided to delete the flow and create it again, it also didn’t work initially but after an hour or so it did begin to send the welcome SMS so the issue seems to be resolved :)

Thank you for your response.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi, the flow was connected to my SMS subscriber list.

I decided to delete the flow and create it again, it also didn’t work initially but after an hour or so it did begin to send the welcome SMS so the issue seems to be resolved :)

Thank you for your response.

Awesome. You’re welcome.