Solved

Why are my SMS Subscribers Not Linking to my Account?

• 13 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am having problems with SMS subscribers linking to Klaviyo.  I am using Shopify.  I know people have signed up, including myself, but nothing is showing when I check the list.  Please help.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 15 March 2022, 17:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Pinkbutterfly

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us, would love to bring some more insight into this! 

A user can ‘consent to SMS’ via a form, click to text banner, or at checkout depending on your integration. If a user is truly consented to SMS they should have the event ‘Consented to Receive SMS via Klaviyo’ recorded on their profile. When you say you’re having trouble linking them to Klaviyo do you mean that SMS subscribers are not in Klaviyo at all or they are not in the specific list you wanted them to be in? 

I suggest taking into account the way or ways you are capturing SMS consent in your Klaviyo account. If it’s through a signup form, I would see what List a users is submitted to when they submit the form. Additionally, if you checked to receive SMS subscribers in your Shopify integration settings, it should be noted that users are only added to the specific list your designate when they subscribe to SMS at checkout alone. So hypothetically, if your signup form List a user is submitted to is not the same as your List users are sent to via checkout, that could account for the discrepancy! 

I would suggest creating a segment with the condition: Has consented to SMS” to see all the people who have consented successfully to SMS in your account! This will give a clear view of the total number of profiles no matter what list they are in as segments dynamically pull all profiles into the grouping who meet the conditions. 

Finally, I’d suggest taking a look a this SMS consent and Deliverability Academy Course to level up on your SMS Klaviyo skills and knowledge! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Thank you.