Skip to main content
Solved

Wrong message being sent

• 25 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Every time someone sends me an SMS message, they are receiving this automated response:  Send this text to subscribe to recurring automated personalized marketing alerts (e.g. special promotions, cart reminders) from Klaviyo Library (ref:JOIN:9MRMhh)

It’s sending it no matter what they say…if they ask a question, if they say “stop”, if they respond to a scheduled SMS.

How do I fix this?  It looks like this some kind of automation with a keyword “Join” but it has nothing to do with the message they are sending to me

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hi @Ulka! Can you show me what’s going on? I’d like to see the SMS being sent, a sample of the event history of one of the affected profiles with details popped out, and the details of your custom keywords. What did the customer send to you to trigger the response? What flows do you have active right now?

Badge +2

Looks like it started on May 24th.  It looks like it is the first text many people get as their first text.  And they get it if they confirm they want to join my list.  I have several flows but looks like this one is referencing specific flow.  So strange!  Would love it if you can help.  Thank you - Ulka

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@Ulka Okay great, thanks! Essentially this is happening because you don’t have the JOIN keyword active and/or associated with your SMS list.

1. The text Send this text to subscribe to recurring automated personalized marketing alerts (e.g. special promotions, cart reminders) from Klaviyo Library (ref:JOIN:XXXXX) is triggered from the signup form. When you switch to mobile view, click on "Subscribe via SMS" (2nd step) which allows your subscriber to send this auto-populated message with the Keyword and the message. 
  2. Please double check that you have a value assigned to the SMS Keyword dropdown. 
  3. The reason that your conversations tab is showing this message, even with the keyword, is because the keyword JOIN is not associated with any list or is inactive. Once you assign a list and set it to Active, it should work perfectly!

Let me know if that helps! :)

Badge +2

Hi - thanks for your help.  I went to the screens you mentioned and the JOIN was active - here are the screenshots.  So maybe it’s a different issue?  

Badge +2

I did change something in the form - see if this looks right now - it has that strange language in it but I removed it.  Does this look right now?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@Ulka This is a tap-to-text form. The copy in the message box is what will auto-populate in the subscriber’s messaging app when they click the button on your form. This is NOT your response to them. So, “Awesome - look forward to chatting about your jewelry soon” doesn’t make any sense. You can see this in your conversations: the default language that was there before is coming FROM your subscribers TO you. You’ll want to write something here that includes the JOIN keyword in order for it to function properly.

Otherwise, this looks set up correctly, so I’m guessing the response “Hey, this is my SMS tool...” is coming from a welcome flow. Do you have one set up?

Badge +2

LOL - thank you - now I understand what this message is.  I appreciate your explaining it to me.  I have a welcome flow but this specific message about this is my SMS tool is there if someone is randomly messaging me about something - I want them to know where to reach me on a regular basis vs. responding to campaigns/flows.  Thanks for your help.