Solved

Klaviyo and Shopify Integration

• 19 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Shopify keeps forcing a new Klaviyo account to integrate with, when I try to integrate Shopify and Klaviyo.  Not the Klaviyo account I have PAID FOR.  I can not get Shopify to integrate with my actual Klaviyo account, and I can not delete the new Klaviyo account it created.

What is the deal with Shopify and Klaviyo?  Looks like they don't work well together?  Noticed Klaviyo app has a low rating on Shopify’s app store.  Can see why now.

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 22 April 2021, 16:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @puckman

Apologies for the experience you are seeing between Shopify and Klaviyo! 

When you mean that “Shopify keeps forcing a new Klaviyo account to integrate with” are you launching the Klaviyo app from the Shopify store each time you are attempting this? If so, then we actually recommend navigating to Klaviyo.com, signing into your Klaviyo account, and then proceeding to integrate with your Shopify account via the Integration’s tab of the account using our How to Integrate with Shopify guide. 

The reason you’ll want to integrate your Shopify account with Klaviyo this way is that the Klaviyo Shopify app is typically a launcher for your first time connection/integration. Repeated launching this page will request users to create a new Klaviyo account to link their Shopify account to; which when done so repeatedly would cause multiple Klaviyo accounts to integrate with your singular Shopify account which is known to cause issue such as profiles/contacts being mis-attributed, signup forms not publishing/displaying correctly on your website, etc. 

To properly uninstall Klaviyo and remove all of Klaviyo's codes from the accounts you may have accidentally connected to your Shopify site there are several steps to take.

1. Log into the accidentally created Klaviyo account/accidentally synced Klaviyo account
  2. Navigate to Integrations > Shopify
  3. Uncheck the "Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript (recommended)" setting.
  4. Click "Update Shopify Settings" to apply these new settings

After you receive the notification that the sync has completed, it is now safe to "Remove" the integration found in the top right of the interface as described in the Disable or Remove a Klaviyo-Built Integration article and request a cancellation of this accidentally created Klaviyo account from the form found at the bottom of the Cancel or downgrade your Klaviyo account page.

-David

Badge +2

To properly uninstall Klaviyo and remove all of Klaviyo's codes from the accounts you may have accidentally connected to your Shopify site there are several steps to take.

1. Log into the accidentally created Klaviyo account/accidentally synced Klaviyo account
  2. Navigate to Integrations > Shopify
  3. Uncheck the "Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript (recommended)" setting.
  4. Click "Update Shopify Settings" to apply these new settings

-David

We have done this several times and the integration will not delete.  

There is no support or chat support from Klaviyo.

We are unable to successfully integrate our e-commerce stores with Klaviyo.

We run a large e-commerce agency and can not get any support for our clients for Klaviyo.  Unless we can resolve these issues soon, we will not recommend Klaviyo to our clients in the future and cancel our accounts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Chris @puckman

Thanks for sharing this Shopify experience with us – it’s important for our team to understand where our customers are experiencing friction, and we appreciate you sharing this feedback.

As @david.to mentioned above, when you launch the Klaviyo app from the Shopify store, it serves as the first time connection, and assumes you don’t have an existing Klaviyo account to link to. 

Based on what you’ve outlined above, it sounds like you have two Klaviyo accounts for the same store, and you have already removed the Shopify integration from the account you no longer use. Your active account is still waiting for a Shopify sync. 

To resolve this, I’d advise trying these following steps now in your active account: 

1. Completely remove (not Disable) the Shopify integration in Klaviyo: https://www.klaviyo.com/integration/shopify
2. Log out of your Klaviyo account
3. Log back into your Klaviyo account via an incognito window
4. Re-add Shopify from the All Integrations tab: https://www.klaviyo.com/integrations

Please let us know if this helps to resolve your integration sync! Thank you again for your patience, 
-Cassy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@puckman I've had an issue before where there still was some leftovers from a previous install. If you reach out to klaviyo they should be able to help you with this.

Looking through the site HTML you should also be able to identify which klaviyo scripts are loading.

Just to be sure this doesn't happen to you again, if you have access to multiple klaviyo accounts in Klaviyo make sure that when connecting you're in the correct klaviyo account. Otherwise strange things can happen.

Badge +5

Hi @David To - Would appreciate if you can help me with this.

One of our clients bought a business from the previous owner who already had Klaviyo set up his Shopify platform.

Now our client has also got one Klaviyo account which we will be managing but we noticed that there are flows that are already set up on the previous Klaviyo account because of which we suggested to get in touch with the previous owner to get this removed from existing Klaviyo account but our client is not in touch with the previous owner so it would not be possiile to get this removed from previous account.

What can we do in this case? Is there any other alternate we can use to disable to the previous Klaviyo account through Shopify or through Klaviyo new account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Nitin Sharma

Happy to help! 

As stated in our documentation, only the owner of an account can disable and close it. However, you can disable the previous account’s shopify integration and make sure to put all flows to draft mode to ensure no automated messages are coming in from the previous klaviyo account. Additionally, if the Shopify store your client bought is integrated with their new Klaviyo account, I would make sure to go into the backend of the Shopify store and remove the .js script from the old store.  It would be the code with the previous stores public API key, not the current account’s API key. Having duplicate .js scripts on one Shopify store can lead to trouble down the road!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +5

Thank You @Taylor Tarpley - I would for sure get back to you for any further challenges on this😀