Solved

Web tracking only works for myself, not for customers (added to cart, product view, active on site)

• 28 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hey,

I have a shopify store and have implemented the added to cart, product view and active on site triggers as instructed.

When I then tried to trigger the events, I noticed that the events are only triggered on myself.

For example, when a customer cancels the shopping cart, nothing is displayed under klaviyo profiles.

I have tried just about everything....

The other triggers all work so far.

Hope you can help me!

Thanks
Daniel

icon

Best answer by Dov 29 March 2022, 15:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @grillsupply,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo community.

Keep in mind, Klaviyo uses cookies to track user’s activity for the “Active on Site”, “Viewed Product” and “Added to Cart” events.

Users will only be able to log these events if they do one or both of the following prerequisite actions:

• Fill out a Klaviyo signup form 

• Click a link from a Klaviyo email 

This post explains how cookies work in more detail, using the “Viewed Product” event as an example. 

I also recommend checking your site to ensure you have our onsite javascript present. 

The following integrations automatically install klaviyo.js:

• Shopify

• BigCommerce

• WooCommerce

• Magento

If you are using another ecommerce platform or a custom integration, please see our article here on installing that snippet manually.

Cancelling an order is not related to the other web tracking snippets discussed above. If you notice customers are cancelling orders in your ecommerce platform, but these events are not showing up on the customer profile in Klaviyo, this is likely an integration-related issue (rather than a web-tracking issue which can be resolved through cooking the user). In this case, you may want to reach out to our support team to have a closer look at your particular integration.

I also recommend reading through the thread below to help troubleshoot your “Added to Cart” snippet. I have a reply highlighted in there with some troubleshooting steps and there are also additional replies from other helpful community members:

https://community.klaviyo.com/metrics-and-analytics-36/how-to-add-add-to-cart-snippet-with-shopify-turbo-theme-488wV2S-okm0ag0OkeywoUFQ1kKKBxNvhpEet45TVYkZCBwggzolCXoig2taKwFhxRtdwHoei-aq_8t67Xusw2zhs1gTTe7IV0cjK5pzmeK3xeTnAwUM_PrJbFtqtSJxk-6K0Ga2SFY

Let us know how it goes!