Solved

Bounces t-online.de

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

37 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey @cassy.lee,

thanks for your guideline to solve the problem.

Can't it be a bit risky to use a dedicated sending IP? If at the beginning the bounce rate is too high it can happen that the IP gets a spammy environment. Or am I wrong there?

Also, it would be interesting to know how high the number of mails has to be to keep the IP warm. Do you have an answer for that?

Thanks in Advance!

@flonomao It´s great to hear that. Please let us know if everything works fine.

Badge +1

Hi @Roland

First, we really appreciate your patience as we spent the last few days learning more about T-online.de and how their new restrictions impact our customers. Second, thank you for sharing your concerns around Klaviyo’s urgency around the matter, and the success in the German market. We understand how T-online’s changes on requiring senders to have full domain alignment can create friction for our customers, and we’re hopeful that the guidelines we have created will help our customers navigate these changes more effectively. 

To clarify for others that might be new to the current T-online.de experience: their new restriction is a global change that was made this past February, which impacts all senders using shared IPs (a common practice across ESPs).

@flonomao @FIRE-FOOD for visibility into this topic...

Our team has put together this guide to Meeting the T-online.de Inbox Placement Requirements, which addresses how Klaviyo customers can meet the requirements that T-online has recently outlined: 

t-online.de Inbox Placement Requirements

t-online.de has released the following requirements to reach any subscribers who use their inbox service:

• You must use a dedicated sending IP and have enough consistent volume to keep the IP warm
  • Enable double opt-in for your lists
  • Your Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), Reverse DNS (rDNS; i.e., your domain for dedicated IP), and your sender email domains in Klaviyo (the from-address for each email send) must all align

While I know this doesn’t provide an immediate fix for our customers who are using a Shared IP today, I’m hoping that the article above will provide some more clarity for how users can get a Dedicated Sending IP, and include better explanation on how we are meeting the new T-online changes.  Additionally, our Academy and Compliance team will continue to monitor and adjust our supporting documentation as updates occur, should T-online revert their requirements. As a second recommendation, I would also suggest reaching out to T-online’s support, or to postmaster@rx.t-online.de, to share the impact this has on your sending volume. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the Community forum with us, and for helping us better understand the impact this has for your business.
-Cass. 

Hey @cassy.lee,

thanks for your detailed answer. Great that your team has put together a small guideline already as well. We’ve now implemented the dedicated sending IP and hope to have solved the problem. Also we hope that it doesn’t have too much impact on our mailing activities.

Keeping you posted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Roland

First, we really appreciate your patience as we spent the last few days learning more about T-online.de and how their new restrictions impact our customers. Second, thank you for sharing your concerns around Klaviyo’s urgency around the matter, and the success in the German market. We understand how T-online’s changes on requiring senders to have full domain alignment can create friction for our customers, and we’re hopeful that the guidelines we have created will help our customers navigate these changes more effectively. 

To clarify for others that might be new to the current T-online.de experience: their new restriction is a global change that was made this past February, which impacts all senders using shared IPs (a common practice across ESPs).

@flonomao @FIRE-FOOD for visibility into this topic...

Our team has put together this guide to Meeting the T-online.de Inbox Placement Requirements, which addresses how Klaviyo customers can meet the requirements that T-online has recently outlined: 

t-online.de Inbox Placement Requirements

t-online.de has released the following requirements to reach any subscribers who use their inbox service:

• You must use a dedicated sending IP and have enough consistent volume to keep the IP warm
  • Enable double opt-in for your lists
  • Your Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), Reverse DNS (rDNS; i.e., your domain for dedicated IP), and your sender email domains in Klaviyo (the from-address for each email send) must all align

While I know this doesn’t provide an immediate fix for our customers who are using a Shared IP today, I’m hoping that the article above will provide some more clarity for how users can get a Dedicated Sending IP, and include better explanation on how we are meeting the new T-online changes.  Additionally, our Academy and Compliance team will continue to monitor and adjust our supporting documentation as updates occur, should T-online revert their requirements. As a second recommendation, I would also suggest reaching out to T-online’s support, or to postmaster@rx.t-online.de, to share the impact this has on your sending volume. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the Community forum with us, and for helping us better understand the impact this has for your business.
-Cass. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @cassy.lee,

thanks for your response.

I understand that Klaviyo does not want to comment until when the problem will be fixed. However, I have heard such answers a few times. I don't take it seriously anymore. I don't see the urgency, because there is no update since five month.

One more thing: In my opinion Klaviyo will not be successful on the German market without t-online.

Regards
Roland

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @flonomao @FIRE-FOOD @Roland 

Thanks so much for your patience, and my apologies for not responding back to this thread yesterday. I hear you, and I understand the urgency and frustration this must be causing for you and your business. Our team is still actively working on this relationship with t-online, so unfortunately I do not have an update at this time, but I will absolutely respond back to this thread when I learn more. 

We really appreciate your understanding on this, and I’m hopeful to have some more clarity to share on the matter shortly. 

Thanks so much, 
-Cass. 

Badge +2

Same here, no news. Klavyio says they will take care but nothing changes and then you don‘t hear back.

Dear Klaviyo Team - if you read this it becomes obvious that this is an issue for all of your German based customers. t-online is the biggest provider after all in Germany.

I totally understand that Germany is not your biggest market and probably a fraction of the US, however if this cannot be solved (I hope it can) then you should let us (and other existing/prospective customers from Germany) know so we can start looking for alternatives to Klaviyo. Just a fatal flaw if emails to the largest provider cannot be sent.

Badge +1

Hey @Roland

no news yet on my end. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is there any news @FIRE-FOOD @flonomao @cassy.lee @julie.accardo ?

I am also facing this problem since I switched to Klaviyo. I contacted the support in December 2020. Unfortunately, no solution is in sight so far.
Meanwhile I spend days to answer our customers, because e-mails are not sent.

I have had this problem for almost half a year now. Please provide a solution :pray_tone1: .

The time I invested in customer support I might as well have invested in switching to another email marketing automation provider.
When can we expect a solution? The whole thing is quite annoying :angry: !

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @flonomao

I’m sorry to hear that you’re also experiencing similar issues with t-online.de! 

I wanted to follow up so that you, and others who might also be experiencing this, are aware that we are currently in contact with the inbox provider to address this issue. We look forward to sharing an update here with the Community when we learn more. 

In the meantime, our team recommends that you avoid sending campaign emails to these profiles to prevent them from being automatically suppressed after a series of soft bounces. To do this, you could create a segment using the following condition and exclude this segment from the campaigns:

Thank you,
-Cass.

Badge +1

We have the exact same issue. Let me know once you find a solution @FIRE-FOOD !

Badge +2

Thanks Julie - appreciate the help. I have opened a support request with the Klaviyo team. Based on some testing we have done in the meantime really seems to be an issue with Klaviyo. Direct Mails from our mail accounts to @t-online.de go through, and so do the answers. Also seems like transactional emails from Klaviyo go through (opt-in confirmation for newsletter), but other emails don’t (e.g. the coupon code that is supposed to come after the opt-in).

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @FIRE-FOOD,

I’ve escalated this with Klaviyo support. Can you please update the original email thread you had going with support so that they can confirm your account. You should hear back from them shortly once you request an update.

Best,

Julie