Solved

Branded domain

• 6 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey there

I just set up a new branded domain for my client.

I ran a test with mail-tester and I see that it misses many things included DKIM, DMARC, etc.

But I actually noticed that I didn’t update the sender email address.

Is that email adress : send.mywebiste.com ?

(I followed Klaviyo’s instruction to set this up and its all good, it worked as you can see below.

When I was sharing a domain, my email adress was : contact@mywebsite.com.

But is my new sender email adress is : send.mywebiste.com ?

Thanks

Steve

icon

Best answer by kaila.lawrence 9 February 2024, 18:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @Steve0603, do you mean updating your default sender email address? This would still be contact@mywebsite.com (using your root domain). Refer to our step by step guide below that shows how to update all your settings for the new DMARC policies!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for your answer @kaila.lawrence 

What I mean is, 

In Klaviyo, when you want to create a branded domain, Klaviyo tells you to create an email adress “send.mycompagny.com

Is that new adress that I have to add to my default senser email adress ? 

Or I have nothing to do and keep : contact@mycomagny.com ?

Thanks,

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Okay@Steve0603! So remember we talked about the difference between an email address on your root domain and a branded sending domain before in this previous thread:

To be clear, a subdomain such as send.storename.com is NOT the same as a username at your root domain, such as hello@storename.com

An email address has the @ symbol which signifies it’s an inbox that directs to a specific user. What you showed me above is your branded sending domain, send.zedby.com which is already active and connected. Klaviyo is not asking for email address (with an @ symbol) there.

I’m still a little unclear what exactly you’re trying to change and where, but anywhere you need to input an email address with always be on your root domain, NOT the branded subdomain:

• ✅ DO this: contact@zedby.com
  • ❌ NOT this: contact@send.zedby.com 

Does that answer your question?