Solved

Cannot track Started Checkout WooCommerce

• 27 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi there,

I just discovered Klaviyo, the possibilities to boost our e-commerce seem crazy!
I've done the Woocommerce integration, all the events are correctly uploaded in Klaviyo EXCEPT the Started Checkout ones.

This is clearly a problem for my abandoned shopping cart flow. 😢

Do you have an idea why only this feed doesn't come up?
Can you help me?

icon

Best answer by Melissa.Matusky 27 November 2020, 15:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @AntoineB 

So happy to hear you’re enjoying Klaviyo! A few thoughts on what might be happening here:

Ensure you’ve installed both the Klaviyo plugin on your WooCommerce store and the WooCommerce Integration in Klaviyo. This will sync all of the store data into your Klaviyo account. You can find more details on our WooCommerce Integration Guide. 

A Klaviyo creates a Started Checkout metric is created when: (1) A customer logs into their account, adds something to their cart, and then views the checkout page and (2) A customer adds something to their cart, views the checkout page, and enters a billing address. Once you’ve confirmed the integration is fully complete, test both of those actions to see if customers are triggering the started checkout event.  

Best,

Melissa

Badge +3

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your help.

I confirm that the integration is working since I have events on the other data.
Only the started checkout doesn't work.

I've tried on my side to put products in the shopping cart, to trigger the event : nothing (even though since there are orders, I should have events logged in Started Checkout).

Any clue? 😢

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @AntoineB

I would check on @Melissa.Matusky suggestion below. Hopefully that will do the trick but if not, let us know. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @AntoineB 

The Started Checkout event comes directly from the Klaviyo plugin on your WooCommerce store. You can try uninstalling and re-installing the plugin to see if that clears the issue. 

One point of clarification, the “Started Checkout” doesn’t trigger solely on adding an item to the cart. To trigger started checkout need to add the item and view the checkout page if you are logged into your account or if you aren’t logged into your account, you need to complete the previous and enter a billing address. Here’s more details on how we sync information from your store into Klaviyo.

Badge +3

Hey guys,

Thank you for your answers.
Unfortunately, I reinstalled the plugin + regenerate an API key, and the problem is still there.

@Melissa.Matusky, thank you for these precisions, I understood well. :)
This weekend, we recorded more than 120 orders, without the Started Checkout being activated, so I'm sure there's a problem...

Still no idea? :(

Badge +3

Hey guys,

Definitely no solution, I will change to a different service.
Too bad, Klaviyo was perfect for my needs.
Maybe next time.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @AntoineB - 

Thanks so much for following up with us here. Since this plugin and API key issue was a little more technical for our Community team, we had reached out to Klaviyo Support to see if there were any additional insights they could provide. You should have received an email yesterday with a follow-up from a team member. It would have been sent to whichever email you set up this Community account with. Based on the follow-up, it looks like they were able to identify the root cause of the issue, and will just need some more details from you on your account. 

I hope this is helpful information, as I know you mention that Klaviyo was perfect for your needs and we’d absolutely like to make this a great experience for you. If you do not see the email in your inbox, can you please send me, or a Klaviyo Community Manager, a private message with the proper email you would like it directed to? If you have any further questions regarding this particular instance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via DM. 

Thanks so much,
-Cass. 

Badge +3

Hi @cassy.lee 

Thanks for your answer!
James's message was in my spam. I have just answered him.

The issue is apparently related to the fact that we use a third party service for payment (French bank system). I'm waiting to hear from James (support), maybe we'll find a solution.

Keep you in touch!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@AntoineB Glad to hear you were able to find the email from our team and follow up with them; my apologies that I didn’t post here to let you know in advance so you knew to keep an eye out for it. I’ll make sure to do that in the future. I hope we are able to find the right solution for you so that you’ll continue to be a part of our Klaviyo Community! 

Best regards, 
-Cass.