Solved

Emails per profile

• 12 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi there, 

Does anyone know if there is a way to easy see on average how many emails it take to generate a 2nd sale with my customers without having to look at each profile separately?

Thanks
Olivia 

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 15 January 2024, 20:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @OliviaHB!

This would be a very interesting report to see in Klaviyo, though unfortunately it doesn’t exist yet. 

My recommendation for now is to create a few reporting segments for this purpose. It will help you get a quick pulse check on the behavior patterns of your customers.

Here’s how I’d approach it:

• Segment 1 = IF someone has Placed Order at least 2 times AND Received Email at least once over all time
    • If you want to be more precise, you can say Placed Order is exactly 2, though that will remove people who’ve placed more than 2 orders. Not bad, just a different view of the data. 
  • Segment 2 = IF someone has Placed Order at least 2 times AND Received Email is at least 2 over all time
  • Segment 3 = IF someone has Placed Order at least 2 times AND Receive Email is at least 3 over all time

I’d start with these 3 segments, since anyone who’s placing a repeat order while receiving so few emails is most likely to be a higher-value repeat customer. Segment 1 “has received at least one email” helps you establish a baseline - it’s possible no one meets this criteria, so you can scratch that one and move on after checking that.

Once you get to Segment 3 checking for “has received at least 3 emails,” as you build other segments you’ll want to start jumping around a bit with your numbers to save time. Try “has received at least 5” or 10, or 30 emails and see how many people are in the segment. 

You’ll likely start to see patterns, where some segments are very similar in size, while other segments change by several hundred, thousand, or ten thousand - depending on the size of your list. Once you start seeing the more significant changes in segment size, that’s your sign to pay attention. 

Usually, this indicates a different type of customer group. You could do a similar analysis evaluating how many times someone’s ordered, if you want to get a sense for how many orders your average customer places before disengaging… 

It takes a little time to set the segments up, but once you have them, the insights can be valuable!

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros