Solved

Mail not sending

• 14 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi All, 

I’m having an issue with my mails not reaching the recipient. I can see the flow analytics and it shows when a mail is waiting to be sent and if it has been delivered to the recipient. I’ve used my own mail to test this and although Klaviyo analytics is saying the mail has been sent, it has not been received by myself or my colleagues. Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Here is the flow below

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 14 December 2022, 16:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Can you check the email profile whether it’s bounced or check your spam folder? Are you testing on your O365 or G-Suite just to be sure there’s no additional spam filter that’s preventing your mailbox to receive a promotional test email? Last but not the least, have you tried checking with the Klaviyo support team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Sorcha and welcome to the Community!

I totally agree with @inboxingmaestro that the first step to resolve this issue would be to check any peripheral folders in your inbox, including spam, promotions (gmail), or social (gmail). You could also search your inbox for the subject line that you created in Klaviyo.

Klaviyo is responsible for sending your emails, but it’s successful delivery can be influenced by a number of things - mainly your inbox settings. Klaviyo is like a retailer that wraps and hands off a package to the post office, while inbox providers are like the delivery services responsible for the bringing the package to your customer’s doorstep.

To that end, if inbox providers don’t recognize your email address, have custom or native filters, or maintain a strict sorting protocol, your message might not end up in your primary inbox. Your email could also be sent to spam if it contains any rhetoric that providers flag as questionable, such as ‘money’, ‘win’, etc. 

If you check all of your folders and spam and still can’t find the email, you could try setting up the account with a net-new email address as my colleague Dov suggested in this thread:

Or, you could reach out to our D&C Team for support. Also, here is a Community thread and some Help Center articles discussing this topic:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for responding! It was a mix of my agency not having the platform plugged in correctly and my I.T. external mails policy. 

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Glad to hear you worked it out @Sorcha!

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Thanks @Brian Turcotte ! Spot on.

Awesome @Sorcha … If you still face any issue or have any questions, feel free to reach out.