Solved

Recreating Woocommerce "Placed Order" product feed using Zapier

• 2 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all, 

TL;DR I’m trying to recreate the product feed using a zap in order to populate a dynamic block without actually using the “Placed Order” metric. 

I’m finally offloading all transactional emails to Klaviyo, and struggling with the “Order Shipped” situation. I recently set up the AfterShip + Klaviyo integration before realizing that AfterShip doesn’t actually pass and order details to Klaviyo, so using the AfterShip metrics is a bit of a bust if I want to include order details in each step following purchase. 

So, I decided to try out Zapier for now and see if what I want is possible without going the full custom dev route. I’ve created an “Order Shipped” metric in Klaviyo using “Order Status: Completed” in Woocommerce, and started piling on properties and values to pass over to Klaviyo. 

I then realized that while I have the individual properties to create the line items inside the dynamic block, that I don’t actually have the “event.extra.Items” parent property required to dictate the row collection for the block itself. It doesn’t seem possible to segment my properties in Zapier to the point at which Klaviyo would be able to recognize it as a list. 

Am I missing something? Am I SOL?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by David To 2 May 2023, 21:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Quark,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! 

In my opinion, if you aren’t able to formulate the event data structure you want using Zapier, I believe creating a fully custom event would be the best option. This way, you can have all the event data and properties in the format you want to use. 

If you do need hands on help with creating a custom event, I would recommend reaching out to our expansive network of Klaviyo Partners

I don’t know your entire situation, but another option you may want to considering is using the catalog lookup tag. This method would allow you to reference and populate product and product details based on your catalog specifically. 

I hope this helps!

David