Skip to main content
Solved

Back populating a flow with a Date trigger for profiles with a date that has passed

• 22 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m triggering a flow to send “On Date Property”

When I back populate this flow there will be some profiles who’s date property will have already passed. Will they receive the emails or will they all be skipped?

Is there a better way to do this? Most people will have dates that have not passed yet.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@AdamL6 

You don’t even have the option to back-populate date triggered flow, so since that is not possible I won’t comment on what will happen if you click it :) 

AS for the better way to do this..

You will need 2 flows:

• date triggered flow for people who meet the date property in the future
  • list triggered flow for people who already qualify for it

So for the Date Triggered flow just turn it live when ready and people will go through it when they qualify.

For the List triggered flow you need to trigger it with empty list, add all the emails from the date triggered flow in it make sure everything is ready and set it live. Then create a segment of people for who the date that you want to trigger the date triggered flow is already passed. Then after having segment of the people who missed the date flow already just download that segment and upload them to the empty list that is trigger for the list triggered flow (again just make sure before you upload anyone to the list that the flow emails are prepared and set to live)