Solved

Browse Abandonment Flow - Show multiple products?

• 25 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, the native Klaviyo Browse Abandonment Flow only allows one to show 1 product. How have you enabled to show more than 1 product (wondering if the dynamic feed based on “viewed product” could be used instead)? 

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 25 March 2024, 07:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@HannaBystroem 

In the past this had to be hard coded but now it is much easier with product feed options.. So just create a product feed with this setup..

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Bobi N. 

That is a great suggestion! I know the Viewed Product event only allows you to showcase one product at a time, but using the Data feed is a great suggestion to show more than one product in the email.

@HannaBystroem - one thing you’ll want to consider when setting up the email is the flow filters if you follow the data feed integration Bobi recommended for the email content. 

The Viewed Product event will fire for EVERY product viewed, so if you end up showing more products in the email, you’ll want to set up the filters to only allow someone into the flow at a very specific cadence, maybe once every day or once every week, etc. 

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Agreed @In the Inbox - this is an awesome solution. Thank you @Bobi N.! Somehow this solution has never occurred to me before.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

I'm adding to this topic since I think an additional step needs to be taken and that is to add another event that will fill the “recently viewed product” feed.

According to this article (second part) it says you need to implement the trackViewedItem event to make it work.

From the article:

Additionally, there is another snippet that allows entries to be added to a “Recently Viewed Items” table for a profile. Calling the Klaviyo object's trackViewedItem function below will populate a product feed of recently viewed products that can be included in emails. For more information on how to use the “Recently Viewed Items” feature in a template, check out our article on inserting recently viewed items into an email.

The following snippet can be added directly below the Viewed Product snippet

<script type="text/javascript">
klaviyo.push(["trackViewedItem", {
"Title": item.ProductName,
"ItemId": item.ProductID,
"Categories": item.Categories,
"ImageUrl": item.ImageURL,
"Url": item.URL,
"Metadata": {
"Brand": item.Brand,
"Price": item.Price,
"CompareAtPrice": item.CompareAtPrice