Solved

Can I use a Flow email's Additional Filters for multiple languages?

• 26 October 2022
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I am in the process of merging some Klaviyo accounts where I will then have multiple languages in one account due to merging Shopify stores. I am now trying to find out how I can make sure that customers in specific countries receive emails in specific languages.

For example, I will have one Klaviyo account which will have 3x different languages available. Rather than setting up 3x different Welcome Flows, would it be possible to use 3x email cards for the same email, each in their own language, and use the Additional Filters to send specific email cards to specific people. I feel like this would be much “cleaner” for us than using conditional splits which we already use a lot of the time in our Flows for other things.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 26 October 2022, 23:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @BMBecky ,

Thanks for sharing with the Community.

To start, I would recommend reading through our Help Center doc regarding customizing content based on language. 

it may be best sometimes to create separate Klaviyo accounts each connected to a different language site. Your Klaviyo credentials is designed to support multi-account access. That means you can use one set of login credentials to access multiple Klaviyo accounts as explained in the About Multi-Account User Privileges Help Center article.

Furthermore, if you do decide to use a single Klaviyo account to juggle multiple language support, the organization aspect will rely heavily on how you have separated out your multiple language speakers. For this, I would strongly suggest using a signup form in order to track and differential your customer’s language preferences. In addition, you’ll also want to create email templates which contain the same information, but in separate languages. One thing that can help save time in this process is the use of Saved Blocks. 

I’ve included some resources below to further help you understand some of these suggestions:

Hope that helps,

Alex

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

We’re actually moving from having separate language accounts and merging them into one account - the reason for this is that they will no longer have their own Shopify stores, so I don’t understand how we’d be able to continue to keep them separately if they use the same store domain - especially when it comes to our active profile count which in my head would mean it would be duplicated across the three Klaviyo accounts.

In addition to that, we want to continue to be able to report on our different markets separately, and using dynamic blocks to show to customers in specific countries wouldn’t allow us to achieve that level of reporting detail (as far as I am aware). 

On your point about gathering language preference - we email customers in specific languages based on their location, rather than based on their language preference and we therefore gather their country at sign-up instead.

Any advice on the multi-accounts and whether it is still possible as so far we’ve been told it’s not with only one Shopify Store domain for all three countries/languages? 

Alternatively, is my first idea of using the Email Card additional filters the best option for us instead of building out three separate flows for every language?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @BMBecky ,

Then you are looking at a solution where you have to segment multi language users into different segments and mailing lists. If you are looking to gather specific analytics about each profile property related to language, then that would be the route to go. We advise multi accounts for multiple languages as an easier way of sorting all the different data and emails that might go out. 

You could either use 3 different email flows or dynamic blocks using location/language properties or you can just use conditional statements. Once you have differentiated the different customers out into different segments, then you can just mail different customers differently formatted emails as well.