Skip to main content
Solved

Coupon Codes not applied to the cart

• 12 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I use shopify and I see that even when I use proper syntax on the button like: www.mysite.com/discount/{% coupon_code 'UnengagedPurchased' %}, when I click on the button in the test email and click couple of pages on my web site, the code strips away and no discount code is automatically applied to the checkout.

What is the solution? Don’t want customers to copy paste the code and apply to the cart - this destroys the experience. The trouble is when ever you ask Klaviyo, they say, it is not our issue ask shopify.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Shaz

Sorry this coupon code is giving you issues, happy to help!

Can you confirm the following, these specific situations have been known to cause issues! 

• Is the item in the cart already discounted? If it is, Shopify won't allow an additional discount on top of the existing discount.
  • In the coupon definition, are there specific products or collections that the coupon applies to, and does the product in the cart match the configuration? If the product doesn't match the coupon rules, this could be the issue.

I’d also suggest trying to add a new parameter to the end of your URL: 

mysite.com/discount/{% coupon_code 'your_code' %}&redirect=/new-path

Finally, if you can confirm that neither of those resolve the issues, can you let me know what pages you navigate to on your site and whether or not you leave your site at all?

Thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply.

No, the discount is simple 10% discount from our Welcome series and is meant to be for all products excpet one collection. The click from Klaviyo is to the home page but if some clicks on say, a collection, the discount code is stripped away.

Can you please explain the URL you have suggested, in reference to “/new-path” with an example please.