Solved

Deliverability or Open Rate issues

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

We’re sending emails to different markets (countries). Basically it’s the same email just translated in the native language of the market we’re sending to. Recently, our emails in the Spanish market have taken a huge hit in terms of open rate. What could be the possible causes, and how do we remedy it? There was a period from mid-January to mid-February (almost a month), where we were not able to send emails and this was the point where we saw a steep decrease in our open rates. Our DMARC and sending domain have been properly setup but it seems that we’re still getting low open rates. Appreciate your assistance or insights regarding this matter

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 25 March 2024, 10:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Leboy83 

I would say first you need to figure out what exactly is the problem, so go check the the emails and see if they have problem with certain inbox provider or all of them..

So go to the email, in Deliverability tab look into the Performance by inbox provider box.. there you will see if the deliverability dropped only for some inbox providers or all of them.

Then work accordingly on fixing what is needed (all or specific inbox providers)

As for what may be the reason, in February as you know the rules changed for gmail and yahoo, so if that is the problem from the find above then I would suggest checking again if you set up everything properly.

Also what I’ve seen people have as a problem is from email in the past they were using with different domain, and now when they branded their domain and changed the from domain they needed first to warm the account when starting to send for the first time with new from email from a domain that was never used in the past.

Also checking if your domain is blacklisted is always a good thing to be sure..

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Leboy83 hey, just add a quick question to what Bobby said, which I fully agree with…

You wouldn’t have set your DMARC policy to “quarantine” or “reject”, would you?

Let us know when you can, regards!

Badge +3

Thanks for your replies @StefanUE and @Bobi N. 

Our DMARC policy is set to none.

I’ve checked on the deliverability report and it seems the issue was only with Gmail inbox. SPAM checkers show varying results, some emails are good while some are marked as spam. I also checked out that there was a blacklist on the IP being used and have this corrected already. I’ll see about the next few campaigns and see if there’s any changes.