Skip to main content

Drop in email conversion after turning on flows

• 27 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I recently started flows for abandoned cart / browse and checkout which have done really well. I had the carts timer delay for 15 Minutes which aided a lot of conversions but think may have messed with my campaigns. I noticed the revenue from campaigns drop a lot is this normal or how can I fix this?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi @kaidickson ,

It's great to hear that your abandoned cart, browse, and checkout flows have been performing well! The 15-minute delay in your cart timer is a fantastic strategy to capture conversions quickly. However, it's not uncommon for changes in flows to affect campaign performance.

Here are a few steps to address this issue:

1. Analyze Flow and Campaign Performance Separately:

- Check the individual performance metrics for your flows and campaigns to identify specific areas of impact. Klaviyo's reporting tools can help you compare the performance before and after the change.

2. Adjust Campaign Timing:

- Consider adjusting the timing of your campaigns. If your campaigns are being sent too close to your flow emails, they might be competing for attention. Spacing them out can help.

3. Segmentation:

- Use segmentation to ensure that customers who receive abandoned cart emails aren't targeted with regular campaigns immediately. This can prevent overlap and ensure your messages remain relevant.

4. A/B Testing:

- Run A/B tests to find the optimal delay time for your cart recovery emails and the best times for your campaigns. This data-driven approach can help you refine your strategy.

5. Content Variation:

- Differentiate the content in your flows from your campaigns. Ensure that your campaigns offer unique value, such as special promotions or new product announcements, to avoid redundancy.

6. Customer Feedback:

- Collect feedback from customers to understand if they're receiving too many emails or if there's any confusion caused by the timing and content of your messages.

By carefully analyzing and adjusting these elements, you can balance your flow and campaign performance to maximize overall revenue.

I hope this helps.

Klaviyo Email Marketing Expert

Badge

Hi what should my percentage split be overall between campaigns and email campaigns?

Badge +6

Hello @kaidickson 

The optimal split between campaigns and automated flows can vary depending on your business model, audience behavior, and marketing goals. However, a general benchmark is to aim for a balance that maximizes customer engagement and revenue without overwhelming your subscribers. Here are some guidelines:

1. Automated Flows:

- Percentage Split:Typically, automated flows should account for around 50-70% of your email marketing revenue. These include abandoned cart flows, welcome series, browse abandonment, post-purchase follow-ups, and other triggered emails.

- Reasoning: Automated flows are highly personalized and timely, making them effective at converting specific actions into sales. They run continuously and engage customers at critical points in their journey.

2. Campaigns:

- Percentage Split:Campaigns should make up about 30-50% of your email marketing revenue.

- Reasoning:Campaigns allow for broader messaging, such as promotional offers, product launches, newsletters, and seasonal content. They help maintain regular engagement and can drive spikes in traffic and sales.

Key Considerations:

- Audience Segmentation:Ensure you're segmenting your audience to send relevant content, whether it's through flows or campaigns. This improves engagement and reduces unsubscribe rates.

- Testing and Optimization: Regularly test and optimize both flows and campaigns to find the right balance and improve performance. A/B testing can help refine your approach.

- Monitoring Performance: Use Klaviyo's reporting tools to monitor the performance of both flows and campaigns. Adjust your strategy based on what drives the best results.

Ultimately, the ideal split depends on your unique business needs and how your audience responds. Regularly review your email marketing performance and make data-driven adjustments to maintain a healthy balance.

Klaviyo Email Marketing Expert