Solved

Exclude products from abandoned cart emails

• 13 February 2021
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Badge +2

@retention This was a life saver. Spent days trying to figure this out. 

Question, what if you wanted to include these types of add on products somewhere else in the email but not as detailed, like maybe just an itemized list of titles? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@retention Thank you so much! This worked perfectly. I couldn’t figure it out at first and thought it wasn’t working. Then realized it was because I added the tags to the products, and the preview carts I was using to test were done before the tags were added. Thank you tremendously for taking the time to do this for me :hugging:

Really glad that you’ve figured out how to implement it. It can be tricky.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@retention Thank you so much! This worked perfectly. I couldn’t figure it out at first and thought it wasn’t working. Then realized it was because I added the tags to the products, and the preview carts I was using to test were done before the tags were added. Thank you tremendously for taking the time to do this for me :hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@tangleartistry There is a way, but it requires some coding. It’s actually quite interesting to achieve.

If you have multiple different products that you want to exclude from the dynamic table block, the easiest way to do it is to tag those products in Shopify, and then use that tag to exclude the products.

Let’s say for example you tag them with “ac_exclude”.

Then, in the dynamic table block, you need to wrap the text part (Title, Quantity, Price, etc.) in an “IF” statement that should look like this:

{% if not 'ac_exclude' in item.product.tags %}
<h3><a href="{{ organization.url }}products/{{ item.product.handle }}">{{ item.product.title }}</a></h3>

<p>Quantity: {{ item.quantity|floatformat:0 }} — Total: {% currency_format item.line_price|striptags|floatformat:2 %}</p>
{% endif %}

This will check for each product if “ac_exclude” is one of the tags. If the product doesn’t have the “ac_exclude” tag, it will be shown in the feed.

For the image part, you need to wrap the existing snippet, in a new “IF” statement that should look like this:

{% if not 'ac_exclude' in item.product.tags %}{% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %}{{item.product.variant.images.0.src}}{%else%}{{item.product.images.0.src|missing_product_image}}{%endif%}{%endif%}

Hope that you’ll succeed in implementing this!