Solved

Exclude products from abandoned cart emails

• 13 February 2021
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Badge +2

I tried following the code above but I couldn’t get it to work. Sometimes I got an error that I needed to fix the tags, sometimes I would put the code in and it would display the code text in the preview. I know the previews in Klaviyo wouldn’t show the hidden product because I just added the tag to the product, but I don’t think it should be showing the code text. Can anyone help here? I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Badge +1

This only partially worked. The coding successfully hid the product names, but (in the preiview) the photos are showing as blank boxes and they are still linked.

**EDIT: it works just fine- I emailed myself a preview instead of previewing in Klaviyo and the flow works correctly. Thanks!

Badge +2

I’m on BigCommerce and want to exclude digital products from showing in my abandoned cart email. I tried using {% if not event.extra.line_items.digital_items %} wrapped around the same text you show above but it doesn’t work. Well at least when I try to preview or send myself a preview, I get an error.

I also tried wrapping my the text with the name of the product (we only sell 1 digital product) and that didn’t work either. I tried both {% if not event.Items == 'Shipping Protection' %} and {% if not item.product.name == 'Shipping Protection' %} and neither worked.

Can anyone help me with this? Much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey great Community, 

I have the same issue with excluding our “Shipping Insurance” from Klaviyo abandoned cart emails. I changed the codes provided in this conversation before: 

{% if not 'ac_exclude' in item.product.tags %}
<h3><!--StartFragment--></h3>
<h3><a href="{{ organization.url }}products/{{ item.product.handle }}">{{ item.product.title }}</a></h3>
<h3><!--EndFragment--></h3>
<p>Anzahl : {{ item.quantity|floatformat:0 }} &mdash; Total: {% currency_format item.line_price|striptags|floatformat:2 %}</p>
{% endif %}

and changed the image to the provided dynamic variables: 

{% if not 'ac_exclude' in item.product.tags %}{% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %}{{item.product.variant.images.0.src}}{%else%}{{item.product.images.0.src|missing_product_image}}{%endif%}{%endif%}

It worked fine that the product is not included anymore but all orders what had included the “Insurance” have now the product name with this small sample image on the left bottom under the normal images. I have absolutely no idea how to remove that? Can anybody help me out? Thanks so much!!