Feature Request: Dynamic Sender Email Address

• 29 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

We would like the ability to send emails from a dynamic sender email address, instead of having a fixed from address per flow / campaign.

Our use case is we want to send an email that appears as if it’s coming from a customer profile’s assigned account sales rep’s email address vs. a generic marketing email address.

Ideally we would specify the assigned account sales rep in a custom field of a customer’s profile. And if the custom field is empty, the email would have a generic fallback from email address.

This is how customer.io supports this functionality on their platform:
Create Multiple From Addresses | Customer.io Docs

Hopefully Klaviyo can release similar functionality soon :)

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@ryanev Have you tried using Klaviyo’s if/else statements? I’ve never tried using them in the from name, so I’m not sure if it’s possible - but worth a shot. 

Here is the documentation for that. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @ryanev,

Welcome to the Community! 

I agree that this would be a pretty cool feature to have in Klaviyo. Unfortunately, the message personalization tags approach recommended by the above comment would not work in the ‘Sent From’ name at this time. But that was a clever idea! 

I guess if you are looking for a workaround now, since dynamic senders are not currently supported, you could still utilize the personalization tags in the body of your email to make it appear that the messages were written by the customer’s rep. For example, adding a “From, $YourRep” sign-off at the end of the message with a personalization tag could be a good approach here. 

Of course, this would require you to have that rep’s name saved to each Profile in your Klaviyo account. This could be added through creating a custom profile property via a manual import, but I can imagine that would be a lot of work on your end, and would require manual upkeep. 

Maybe best to wait and see if dynamic senders is a feature that gets added in the future :)

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski