Solved

Flow Notification Email Not Available

• 22 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Not a power user here, but I’m working in Klaviyo daily. Here’s my issue:

I suddenly stopped getting the notification emails from a form flow.

Went in to check & my email address has a red X by it, and I have no idea why or how to make it available again to send the notification. 

The other team members in this flow are fine.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by jdannydavis 25 January 2024, 19:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jdannydavis 

Thanks for reaching out for help with this!

The red X's next to your email addresses to receive the notification indicate that at one point they were opted in to receive the Notification emails, but that there has since been an opt out. They are now in Disabled status for Notifications (separate from Unconfirmed where an opt in has been sent but not confirmed yet.) Have there been any unsubscribe events from the notifications either purposeful or accidental that would have sent your emails into a Disabled state? 

Either way, in order to restore the notifications, you'll need to remove them, re-add them, and then re-confirm opt in for them to successfully receive the notification emails once again. I'd recommend checking over this helpful guide for reference on this as well: 
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050242551 

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Hey Stephen, Thanks so much for taking time to answer! I did try the “remove and re-add,” but my address still shows up with a red X. I don’t think I changed anything, but I redid my contact just in case It’s my own personal email I can’t add, which is also the master email address for the account.

It also applies to all flows - somewhere that address is disabled, but I’m at a loss where to look! Thank you for the article - I did try! Is there some other location the email address needs to be removed & redone other than the left panel of the flow configuration, like below? I can’t delete it from the popup window below - if i type it in where it says “enter an email, it loads it with the red X just like the popup window there.

Thanks for reading, sorry for such a long explanation!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jdannydavis 

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry that my previous suggestion didn’t work for you. Have you gone into the actual profile within your account to check the opt-in (consent) status for marketing? If consent is not marked as true you wont be able to receive the notification emails from the flow. I would also check your suppression list to see if your profile somehow was suppressed. Usually just filling out the signup form and completing double opt-in steps (if turned on) will reset your consent status.

Let me know if this doesn’t work for you and we can escalate this to our support team for them to look directly into your account to see why this is happening.  

Badge +3

Okay thank you! Here’s some further info:

It’s my own email. I’ve used it multiple times testing forms, etc. so I think I went in & deleted those fake profiles, which may be what caused it.

Since then, I re-registered myself, it all looks good (screenshot below) I’m guessing all opt-ins are in place if it says I’m registered for emails & for SMS?

I just can’t seem to get it to see the new version of my profile so that the email is available for notifications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jdannydavis,

Im sorry to say that I’m at a loss now for how to fix this for you. I would suggest opening a support ticket so they can go directly into your account to figure out why this is happening and help you find a quick solution to correct this. You’ve done all the troubleshooting steps I can think of, but support team can access your account and dive in deeper to help figure out why this is happening.

Sorry I couldn’t get this solved for you, but I know the support team will be able to!

Badge +3

Hey Stephen thank you so much - late yesterday something updated in the whole system - the interface looks completely different, the panel switched sides, and it fixed the problem. So I don’t know, maybe it was in the process of updating or something. But then I deleted & saved & re-added like the page you sent me said, and it worked.

So, thanks for your time! I’m good now haha

Danny

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

@jdannydavis 

That’s fantastic news!! So glad it was able to be resolved without having to reach out to the support team. I didn’t want you to have to wait even longer for a resolution, so I’m glad the system update helped fix the issue.